Daz Crashes

I have been encountering an issue for the last several months. When I try to open 90% of my environment assets, I get the message that Daz has encountered a fatal error and needs to close. Further investigation gives me the ACCESS_VIOLATION ERROR, usually incorporating a not enough memory line. I have used both Windows 10 and 11, I have been using a Ryzen3 3100/ Ryzen 5 5500, an RX 5600, and 32 GB memory. I have contacted DAZ support several times, sent them screen recordings, error logs and file logs, but they never got back to me with a solution. I have also gone through Microsoft tech support without luck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Could be a lot of different things.

Do you have the HEAT plugin installed?

If so, it's been reported to cause random crashes. Try removing it.

Do you have an OOT hair product in your scene?

Check for updates, as there's a problem with the Transmitted channel, removing the map solves it, but kinda screws up the look of the hair.

Try running a test with just the dev load of a base mesh and see if it still crashes.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Have you tried adding more virtual memory in your Windows system ?

• thomaswood239thomaswood239 Posts: 0
    edited June 9

crosswind said:

Have you tried adding more virtual memory in your Windows system ?

Yes, I have tried adjusting the virtual memory. I have even tried to add two more sticks of RAM, but it still crashes. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • thomaswood239thomaswood239 Posts: 0
    edited June 10

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Could be a lot of different things.

Do you have the HEAT plugin installed?

If so, it's been reported to cause random crashes. Try removing it.

Do you have an OOT hair product in your scene?

Check for updates, as there's a problem with the Transmitted channel, removing the map solves it, but kinda screws up the look of the hair.

Try running a test with just the dev load of a base mesh and see if it still crashes.

It has been affecting my environments, was mostly the indoor assets, but now a lot of the outdoor ones as well. I can still download figures, and use hair, makeup, and wardrobe. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on