DAZ Studio running slow-Nearly unusable.

Recently I have used the software on average about 2-3 times a week. Yesterday I turned it on at my desktop and every change in a figure (Gen 8 Female) resulted in long pauses and very slow updates in the view window of DAZ Studio. This is a character I have saved and used repeatedly without issue for a few weeks now, there have been no changes to the file I load.  I figured it was just something going on with my desktop (as it admittedly has been doing strange things the last couple of days.) However, this morning I loaded the same figure (the same file copied a while ago) on my laptop and am having the same problem. Any application of poses, textures, assets, or manipulation (posing, position, and shape changes) of those things causes long hangups in addition to slow load times.  Rendering doesn't appear affected. But it now seems to take 3 times as long to get to that point with how it's running.  in

I'm not one to just complain and leave, I am simply wondering if this is an issue others have had the same experience, maybe as a result of an update (in the first week of July 2024)? I honestly hope so! I would hate to think both my PCs are infected with something!

With that said, scans are clean on both.

My Hardware:

Desktop running windows 10 64 bit

Threadripper 3960X 3rd gen

128GB RAM

nVidia RTX 3090Ti

Laptop running windows 11 64 bit

13th Gen i9 13950HK

32 GB Ram

nVidia RTX 4080

Comments

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 75

What version of Studio are you on?
    If you load the Basic Gen 8 F with nothing else instead of your saved version, does it show the same delays when posing or manipulating?

• Dark-MadnessDark-Madness Posts: 9

The new figure load "DJ Thea HD" is buttery smooth (with nothing else loaded of course).  But that led me to load my version up again and of course sluggish.  However, it appears the file may have somehow been corrupted. In the scenes tab, bits of clothing were loaded onto it in duplicate and a couple of cases, triplicate.

I have deleted the extras and things are faster now. Not smooth, but at least manageable.  

Looks like I may just have to rebuild the character from the ground up again and transfer the file via USB instead of the cloud like I've been doing. Hopefully, that will prevent this from repeating.

• eroguysenseieroguysensei Posts: 39

If you are experiencing a work environment that feels slow/sluggish when posing and moving characters, consider the following:

- The more Morphs Daz has to load into the scene for you to work with, the more resource-heavy your work environment becomes. You might notice that if you do not have many morphs for Genesis 9 for example, your G9 may be smoother to pose than G8 and 8.1 to which you have purchased more morphs perhaps.

- Some hairstyles when applied to a character quickly make the characters and the scene heavy to work with, so avoid applying hair until needed and optimize the scene by keeping the hair hidden or deleted until it's time to render. This includes any type of hair, whether it is body hair, animal fur, or other objects that utilize fur.

Hope these tips helped.