Best way to save rigging / skeleton for futre use?

RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
edited September 2012 in Carrara Discussion

I just created a fairly complex rig / skeleton for a trex model. I'd like to keep the rig for future use. what format or procedure is best to save it for reuse?
Thank you!

Post edited by Realtime on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You mean a T-rex, as in dinosaur? Is it attached to the model? Have you weight painted it? More info. please.

• RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Yes T-rex - the dinosaur. I saved the Carrara scene before I attached it to the skeleton.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You could try and drag it to the object browser. Personally, I would attach it to the model, weight paint it/adjust influences, and group it. Make sure the rig is lined up with the mesh before you start painting the influences, because if you detach the mesh, the weight painting will be lost. Once you have the bone influences how you like them, select the model and the hip bone (if it's the top bone in hierarchy) and group them. Once that is done, drag the group to your Object Browser and drop it on whatever directory you like. The rig and mesh will be saved as well as influences, etc. If you want the ability to use NLA clips, then use Animation Group under the Animation menu.

• RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply.