How to go from a walk animation to a single frame pose I made?

SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 147

How to go from a walk animation to a single frame pose I made with out it erasing all the rest of the animation? So it can blend together.

I'm not sure how else to do something like that outside of copying figure and pasting it to the other but that erases all the other pose frames.

For Gensis 8, if anyone has a tip on how to make it work I am all ears.

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

If you save the preset as a Current Frame Only in the options dialogue you should be able to load it at the frame you need it on without disturbing the walk-cycle

• SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 147

Richard Haseltine said:

If you save the preset as a Current Frame Only in the options dialogue you should be able to load it at the frame you need it on without disturbing the walk-cycle

oh sweet! That kiiinda worked.. The character was walking in a straight line and when I added the preset pose now he walks in a cresent moon shape then teleports to a random location. Something I can work with at least

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,528

Without intermediary keyframes, an animated figure will move from one pose to the next mathematically, not necessarily naturally or logically.

• SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 147

Gordig said:

Without intermediary keyframes, an animated figure will move from one pose to the next mathematically, not necessarily naturally or logically.

Its certainly not logical what its doing haha. I love Daz and its an amazing piece of software with lots of great assets but trying to animate with Daz is something else.

I think what I need to do is export the current frame pose at the end and begining of each pose I'm trying to animate and then set up a duplicate character with that new pose animation.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,528

It isn't a problem with DS, the same thing would happen in any other program. You need keyframes between the walk cycle and the pose so that the program knows how to interpolate between them.

That said, I am an evangelist for Cascadeur if you're serious about animating.