DAZ Studio Crashed and now all I see after re-loading is "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection" ...

After a sudden crash of BETA 4.22.1.136, DAZ Studio no longer opens the CMS database.  Over the years using DAZ Studio (almost 20 yrs), I've simply shut-down the PC and restarted it to re-access the CMS.

I've meticulously followed all of the user posts claiming solutions to this on-going issue with DAZ Studio, but nothing has worked.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ Studio and DIM multiple times but the CMS will not start.  The PC has been shut-down and restarted multiple times.

The CMS directory has been cleared multiple times with no positive results.  Metadata has been re-imported multiple times.

What can be done to restore DAZ Studio?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Simply check cms connection by: Open your DIM with Work Offline, there's a Database icon in the upper right corner, is it white or grey ? White means connected (cms service started), grey means connection is lost (cms service shut).

If it's grey, click it to start cms service. Then close DIM and relauch it, assue the Database icon is constantly white.

Then go back to DS, press F2, go to CMS Settings tab, check if the settings are all correct, as well as if the first button is "Stop". If it's not, try clicking to start it. Then relaunch DS.

Then let's see if it work for you...

SNAG-2024-6-3-009.png
    1111 x 945 - 41K
    SNAG-2024-6-3-010.png
    782 x 676 - 34K
  • Thanks for the quick reply!

After several more uninstalls/reinstalls, I was finally able to connect to the CMS.

However, my CMS database is totally hosed and I'm trying to figure out how to re-build it.

Do you have any advice on specifically which CMS files to restore from a backup to bring it back to an earlier state?

Is it simply a matter of restoring a backup version of the entire CMS directory under AppData? 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Yes, it'll be just that simple: directly restore (copy and paste) cms cluster folder to the same location under : %appdata%\DAZ 3D\cms

Fully close DS and DIM applications beforehand.

• Thanks for your help!