DForce taking too much time and Daz Studio not using ram more then 30GB

Hi, am new to Daz Studio, I have a few questions I'll get to them later but first here are the system specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D

GPU: RTX 3090 24GB

Ram: 64GB

and a lot of ssds

I installed Daz studio and content on 2TB ssd.

1) When using DForce my CPU and GPU both usage is minimal like it's not being used at all and it takes quite a while for simulation with 1 character Genisis 8 and 1 dress.

2) while loading posing and setting up scene my ram usage doesn't go above 26, 27 GB of ram and after that loading new items become slugish.

while rendering Iray scene it utilises all the system resources, CPU and GPU usage is 100% thats working perfectaly.

my qustion are why daz studio is not using all the ram and why is DForce taking so much time, I have tried settings in Nvidia panel, good and best settings aswell.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

There is no vurtue to using extra RAM, and in fact you want soem free for scene preparation for Iray (especailly if you want to be able to take advantage of a large card like the 3090 - potentially a scene that would push its limits might already need more memory for preparation thatn your system has, though you should be fine until close to that level).

It is often the case that your renders will go faster if you use only the GPU (as long as they fit) and leave the CPU to just manage the process, though it is worth testing with/without the CPU on a few scenes to see if that is the case for you.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,907

If you have a lot of stuff in your scene dForce will take longer, even it is to far away to have impact on simulation.

If you hide object (click the eye icon) not relevant for the simulation, then it will go faster. Alternatively select the items you want to be included in simulation and then select 'Simulate selected'.