Genesis 9 No Breast/Pectoral.. Possible?

Hi From title, I am asking if there's a paramter to remove breasts (Pectoral) from a Genesis 9 female character? Thanks

Comments

• not in the base figure, but if you have the Genesis 9 body shapes(https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-body-shapes ) there are morphs called  breast gone and breast small that might do what you're looking for.

• Mana LuCuneMana LuCune Posts: 9
    Thank you DrunkMonkeyProductions for your reply. The 'Breast Gone' and "Breast Small" sliders do not apply on alot of G9 figures.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Those morphs especially Breasts Gone can just perfectly work on G9 Base figure. If you want the breasts 100% gone on other G9 characters, it won't give you expected results, just as you mentioned.

You have to further fix it in external sculpting software if you do need to see 100% flat on the character's chest... like Victoria 9 down below.

SNAG-2024-6-2-002.png
    2025 x 1389 - 387K
    SNAG-2024-6-2-004.png
    2024 x 1391 - 387K
    Yes crosswind you're righteous, I tried "Breast Gone" and "Breast Small" slider on many vendor G9 characters but with no avail.. I don't know if it's vendor or developer fault.. So I sculpted my character in Blender -as you suggested- and brought it back via "Morph Loader Pro". I hope DAZ guys find a solution for this.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Mana LuCune said:

Yes crosswind you're righteous, I tried "Breast Gone" and "Breast Small" slider on many vendor G9 characters but with no avail.. I don't know if it's vendor or developer fault.. So I sculpted my character in Blender -as you suggested- and brought it back via "Morph Loader Pro". I hope DAZ guys find a solution for this.

Actually it's not really a fault... Technically, the vendor could create an MCM (Morph Corrective Morph) for each character, just like what I did, but practically it's not really possible... so that's why we better learn how to fix it.

You did it well!

Thank you crosswind. In this case I will contact the vendor for 'MCM" fix for its character. It seems G9 requires much tech paramaters most character designers don't put in mind.
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,464

I've picked up a number of general-purpose morph packs for G9. It sometimes takes quite a bit of trial and error, but I can generally find some combination to flatten out just about anything.

I can generally find some combination to flatten out just about anything.

That's very interesting, can you please share with us the way you do?. Thanks
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,601

You could just use Blender bridge and fix it there.You can also use any modeler you choose see videos on youtube.

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 111

Hi, there's also the left and right chest volume, 2 morphs, for some reason, separated from the rest and found under "tools"(warning, writing this from impaired memorylaugh) And Zev0's GU product has a flatten chest morph - to use it, first just set the main GU body morph to any value slightly over zero. Of course you can just scale the pectorals manually and mess with the scale of spine 3 - disclaimer, all of that probably wouldn't do what you intended cause of the extreme change necessary but that's some extra stuff to use, especially dealing with base G9's giant pecssurprise/ peace    P.S. I've found I can do some radical scaling/ morphing, add lots of generic smoothing, then sucessfully bake the smoothing modifier to create something very useable and different from the original.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,863

Be prepared, that for some reason, I don't quite understand, you will get mesh glitches in the chest area of your clothings.
    Mostly it will look like the sternum part of clothing will stick out. 

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 111

Yeah, you finally fix the chest then hardly anything fits. I was happy to see G9 return to something like G1, but I frequently fit G1 clothes to G9 better than G9 clothes on G9 with a flattened chest. I've been experimenting with smoothing the clothes and baking it or updating geometry, but I guess I need more info to make it work - afaik, it's possible. The search for tuts goes on laugh/ peace     P.S. Thank you Masterstroke for your freebies!