UltraScenery2.... confusion still reigns.

alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,125
edited May 30 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does this, by any chance require Windows 10? 
Or does it require a complete system restart to set it up. 
---
It's installed, in the plug-in folder and nothing in the panes list or the installed plugin list? 
---
Fixed at least problem solved. 
4.22 can't render because the machine is not win ten and the 421 shortcut is to the old folder so need to copy the plugin stuff to it. 

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

Strange, it seems to work fine with my Win 7 computer

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,125

SimonJM said:

Thanks fir the feedback
    what didn't work with win7 was 4.22 ..the iray render engine isn't compatible but before I upgrade I always copy the daz folder from the program folder to another drive. 
    Daz will run fine from another drive and DIM works okay because daz reads DIM (sort of) to know where to look for files. 
    But I forgot that plugins only go into the daz3d folder in program files on the Cdrive.
    So once I copied those plugin  files to the 4.21 folder on the E drive it now shows up. ---
    My main macchine doee nto want to upgrade and even though my win 10 macine is 3 or 4 generations newer chipwise. 
    the xeon 2630v3s still rate at 200 on the cpu raning list and the new newer i7-7700 only hits number 900. 
    so the win 7 machine is still much more powerful. 

alan bard newcomer said:

SimonJM said:

Thanks fir the feedback
    what didn't work with win7 was 4.22 ..the iray render engine isn't compatible but before I upgrade I always copy the daz folder from the program folder to another drive. 
    Daz will run fine from another drive and DIM works okay because daz reads DIM (sort of) to know where to look for files. 
    But I forgot that plugins only go into the daz3d folder in program files on the Cdrive.
    So once I copied those plugin  files to the 4.21 folder on the E drive it now shows up. ---
    My main macchine doee nto want to upgrade and even though my win 10 macine is 3 or 4 generations newer chipwise. 
    the xeon 2630v3s still rate at 200 on the cpu raning list and the new newer i7-7700 only hits number 900. 
    so the win 7 machine is still much more powerful. 

Yes, 4.21.0.5 is the last version on DS that will run on Win 7 if you want to to have a version of Iray that works as higher version of DS use a version of Iray that needs a driver that will not work under Win 7. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

alan bard newcomer said:

what didn't work with win7 was 4.22 ..the iray render engine isn't compatible

No... It's the Nvidia drivers that are the problem in W7: The last drivers Nvidia has released for W7 are 472.12 (released September 20, 2021). Some security updates have been released after that, but functionality has not changed since.

The last version of DS that renders Iray on GPU with that driver version, is DS 4.21.0.5 (Released October 12, 2022)

PerttiA said:

alan bard newcomer said:

No... It's the Nvidia drivers that are the problem in W7: The last drivers Nvidia has released for W7 are 472.12 (released September 20, 2021). Some security updates have been released after that, but functionality has not changed since.

The last version of DS that renders Iray on GPU with that driver version, is DS 4.21.0.5 (Released October 12, 2022)

My nVidia driver, running Win 7, is (I believe) 473.81 from July 2022 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

SimonJM said:

PerttiA said:

alan bard newcomer said:

My nVidia driver, running Win 7, is (I believe) 473.81 from July 2022 

That is a GeForce Security Update Driver = Essentially the same as 472.12 as far as functionality goes

Anyways the later DS versions require Nvidia drivers 5xx.xx which haven't been made for W7