Persian Scimitar/Shamshir

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,316
edited June 14 in Freebies

I needed a model of a curved sword, and not finding one in my content library, I did a little web search and found a Shamshir (AKA Persian Scimitar) for sale in the UK. Not needing a real one, or being able to afford the £500 being asked, I used that as inspiration for this model. The model is simple, with the only decoration being applied by means of normal maps, and the patterns on the blade are actually generated from characters in the SWMusic font.

Then, being a bit of a glutton for punishment I added wearable presets to permit it to be used in the Left or Right Hand with the following models:

• Victoria 3
  • Victoria 4
  • G3F
  • G8F
  • G8M
  • G9 Feminine
  • G9 Masculine

For A3, use the V3 wearable preset and adjust the sword position a little for her shorter arms. For G3M use the G3F preset and adjust the sword position a little for his longer arms.

[Sorry about the green splodges on V7's bottom. I realised after completing the promo image that, although the shop permits full frontal nudity, the forum authorities would be aghast at only seeing a thong covering V7's buttocks. So, to avoid anyone getting offended, I taxed my 2D abilities to their limit and splodged painted over the problematic areas. I freely admit I'm utterly hopeless at painting with a mouse.]

So, I hope you can find a use for it once in a while.

Regards,

Richard

Shamshir Promo3DAZ.jpg
1200 x 800 - 123K
zip
zip
Shamshir.zip
2M
ShamshirThumb.jpg
300 x 350 - 13K
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,423

That looks really nice, can't wait to use it and thank you.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,316

My pleasure. Do hope it's useful.

The poses in the '.tip' images at the sides of the illustration above are all very similar. I positioned the sword on a G8F character first in the G8F zero position, then used various Pose Transfer scripts to move that G8F pose to a new generation character. Having done so, creating a new wearable preset was simply a matter of moving the sword relative to the hand, tweaking any finger poses and that was pretty much it. Don't know why I didn't think of this sort of thing before when using props intergenerationally.

I was worried that the Poser based parametric characters (V3 & V4) wouldn't cope with a DS wearable preset, but it turns out that wasn't a problem at all. Furthermore, my TriAx'd GV3 could morph from GV3 to A3 and still keep holding the sword in the correct place in her hand, though on cursory inspection it did seem as if the smaller hand sank into the surface of the hilt a bit.

There is only one G9 wearable preset for each hand. I did the preset on the very odd looking G9 base character, and as a result it seems to work happily on the Feminine and Masculine derivative shapes too.

Regards,

Richard

• ElorElor Posts: 847
    edited May 28

Nice sword, thank you smiley

To move a prop to or from Genesis 9, you can also use one of Genesis 9 hidden clones, adjust G9 rigging to the clone shape and from Genesis 8, as long as it is not props parented to the legs, it should be as simple as, with both figures using their A pose, parenting the prop to, as an example, the left hand of Genesis 9 and saving a wearable preset. With Genesis 3, I had more work to do when I tried to use a T pose on Genesis 9 and it seems that using an A pose on Genesis 3 could be a better way.

Example with your sword parented on Genesis 8 (blue figure), ready to be parented on Genesis 9:

G9_G8.jpg
    1317 x 1053 - 743K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,316

Hmm. I shall have to look into that. In this case doing it the way I did was not a slow process, but with other objects it could be. I shall have to try it out. Thanks for suggesting it.

With this model, gathering my thoughts after having a very unproductive telephone call with my MIL (who has the symptoms of Altzheimer's) probably took longer than creating all the poses put together.

Regards,

Richard

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 539

Thank you richardandtracy, your Shamshir is realy beautiful and useful.