Scripts On Tool Bar Not Working Solved

gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 201
edited May 26 in New Users

The Scripts button on the tool bar has stopped working for me. When I click on it, nothing happens. I tried reloading some scripts, but I didn't load them properly. Now when I click on a script from the tool bar, it takes me back to the scripts folder in the Content Library. I had this working before, how do I get the scripts to work properly from the tool bar again?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

If you clicked on a script button but it brought you nothing, most likely you lost the link in between the button and the related Custom Action, or you accidentally changed the location of the scripts in your Daz Library....

You can press F3 in DS, and check the link, as shown in the attached screenshot.

If you clicked a button but it took you to the script folder, probably you created a custom action on that folder rather than the script itself. You also can double check it in F2 dialogue box, under "Custom" on the left panel.

SNAG-2024-5-26-000.png
    1313 x 1168 - 205K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,477

If the referenced file is missing the button will not usually appear. Are you sure you have the required scene items selected for the script to work? Have you checked the log file after trying to run the script (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File)?

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 201

Thanks for your help!

I checked to make sure that I have the required scene items selected. What I seem to have done is somehow change everything to the folders rather than the scripts themselves. How do I correct this? I haven't found a way to remove the folders from the Scripts button on the tool bar so I can start over.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

You don't need to start it over...

- Press F3,  expand "Custom" in Action list on the left panel, locate the Custom Action of the folder you created. Right mouse button click menu - Edit Custom Action.
    - Tick "DAZ Script File", locate the script file from the Browse button. Change Menu Text and Description accordingly.
    - Accept, and Accept.

Now the script menu item as well as the button on the toolbar link to this Custom Action with the corrected script target.

SNAG-2024-5-27-003.png
    1150 x 868 - 68K
    SNAG-2024-5-27-004.png
    1150 x 868 - 93K
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 201

Thank you so much for the clear instructions for how to correct this!