Made a rough HK G3A3 rifle model out of solids...kinda looking for some guidance

mr_tinkerjeepmr_tinkerjeep Posts: 0
edited May 23 in Daz Studio Discussion

I DLed DAZ 3d a while ago and have been self learning stuff offline. Got a bit bored with the lack of cool firearm for props, so i began making some out of solids. Also made a vehicle (90% completion) and im wondering two things,

1) is there an easy way to join individual solids into a solidified part?

2) does anyone care?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,479
    edited May 23

Moved to Daz Studio Discussion - Product Suggestions is for would like to see/in search of threads rather than how to questions.

You could export as OBJ (File>Export) and reimport, making sure you use the same preset in the options dialogue each way (OBJ doesn't have a fixed scale or axis system, the options dialogue sets what options are used) - you would want to include all visible geometry, assuming you didn't have a visible figure or othjer elements in the sene that you were using as a guide. You would want to watch the Surface names, though, to be sure you could apply different colours as desired.

Despite having moved this to the Daz Studio forum I would be more inclined to use a dedicated modeller, such as Hexagon here in the store here or Blender, for a complex model.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on