Ultrascatter not scattering help

Hi

New user. 

I'm having issues with ultrascatter or possibly ultrascatter is has issues with me :)

Originally I could get it to work and scatter over the selected surface no problem. Now for some reason I cant get any instances to generate on my surfaces. On the rare occasion I can get them to generate, the scatter isnt on the surface. It's way off somehere else in the 3d work space (moving the scatter to the surface is something I don't want to get into)

Not sure what i've done. Maybe I clicked something I shouldnt?

Heres a video of my issue. Can you spot anything (ignore my messy scene) 

Thanks

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    I'm only on my phone right now, which is too small to see your video. If the object you are scattering does not have its origin at its bottom center point, it will be offset in the scatter. You could try selecting ignore origin in the interface. I don't remember which tab it is on. I'll check back here tomorrow when I am back at the computer.
  • edwardedward Posts: 4

Many thanks!

It doesn't seem to be the origin point of the object i'm scattering as that is at the bottom centre point. If I create a new primative plane and scatter the same object than it works fine. I think it must be something to do with my  landscape imported from blender. Looking into your suggestion did make me stumble upon a workaround though.

I created a landscape which i have sliced into upper hill / mid hill / lower hill / sand bar / creek. So it consists of 5 sections. The problem arises when i import all 5 pieces into daz. If i scatter at that point it's all ok. But once I start rotating, positioning and scaling the landscape to get over the strange import orentation between daz and blender it goes all wonky. It's the grouping/parenting and reorientating of the landscape thats causing the issue. If I reorientate each section of landscape individually it works. Once I group them and move as one it throws off the scatter completely.

This a labourious workaround but I think it may work!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited May 23

@edward You shouldn't have to deal with "strange import orientation between daz and blender". Have you configured the Blender export with Daz axis orientation? Forward Axis should be -Z and Up Axis should be Y for exporting OBJ to be used in Daz Studio.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 164527.jpg
    270 x 663 - 39K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ZiconZicon Posts: 273

edward said:

Many thanks!

But once I start rotating, positioning and scaling the landscape to get over the strange import orentation between daz and blender it goes all wonky. It's the grouping/parenting and reorientating of the landscape thats causing the issue. If I reorientate each section of landscape individually it works. Once I group them and move as one it throws off the scatter completely.

I've run into this problem a couple of times. The only real fix is to scatter before rotating, as you mention. I solved this by leaving the object I scatter onto in its original orientation on one frame of the timeline and doing the scattering on this frame, then rotating the object as needed on another frame.