Wet Skin for a Genesis 2 Character Using Genesis 3 UVs

Hello, Daz Users,

How do I apply wet skin to a Genesis 2 character that is using Genesis 3 UVs? The character in question is a G2F that has the Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s) applied. When I go to apply the Macro Wet Maps to the character, everything but the GeoGrafts gets covered. I can share photos of the problem as soon as I can.

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited May 23

jhand002 said:

Hello, Daz Users,

How do I apply wet skin to a Genesis 2 character that is using Genesis 3 UVs? The character in question is a G2F that has the Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s) applied. When I go to apply the Macro Wet Maps to the character, everything but the GeoGrafts gets covered. I can share photos of the problem as soon as I can.

jhand002,  I don't think the Macro Wet Maps geoshell will work with the Genesis 3 UVs geografts.  I believe that in theory geoshells can work with geografts but with a commercial geoshell there will need to have been an explicit provision made for it.  Another clever soul may have a hack for it, but I'm afraid I don't. 

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited May 23

It has nothing to do with G3's UVs on G2F...The surface of the geograft (I assume it's the G2F's genitalia) on the liquid geoshell needs to be manually assigned with the texture maps from Wet Skin surfaces...

You select the node: Liquid Geometry Shell in Scene pane under G2F figure, go to Surfaces pane, you'll see separate surface(s) of "geografts"... If it's a genitalia geograft, copy Hips surface onto it. If it's a tentacle geograft, copy Arm surface onto it... yada yada. Then make sure its UV Set is also set to "Victoria 5" which must be as same as the other wet skin surfaces...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • jhand002jhand002 Posts: 12

Hello all,

Please pardon the late reply to you all. I have a couple of photos of what I am talking about that will be attached.

Please note that "white" transluscent spots on the character's head and body. Those appear every time I apply the Macro Wet Maps to her.

Wet Skin - G2F w G3F Skin UVs 1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 859K
    Wet Skin - G2F w G3F Skin UVs 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 994K