About head and outfit combine (have picture)

Hello :)
I tryed to put some outfit on my charactger and it fits so well! the problem when i move the head the hat hood moving with this and make problems.
For example the hood hat not on my character but still moving with it , have any idea how can i fit the outfir on my character and make the hat hood not move with the head? even after pose maybe?

Thanks! :P

Dra.PNG
655 x 325 - 416K
Dra 2.PNG
548 x 548 - 707K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,385
    edited May 21

Yes, normally the hood on such a garment has been rigged with the general weight of figure's head... If the hood is on the head, it'll move with the head node, but if the hood is down, it'll still move with the head. So that brings you such an issue.

Firstly, you may check if there's any "reset hood" or "move hood" morphs on this garment, then try dialing it...

If there's no such morphs, there're still some tricks to fix it but it'll depend on the surface definition of the hoodie garment. Which product is this garment ?

In general, you export the garment with default hood position to OBJ file. Then import the OBJ back to update the Hood surface (create a selection set for it if there's no separate Hood surface) with Attenuate as a "fix morph".

SNAG-2024-5-22-001.png
    2560 x 1392 - 519K
    SNAG-2024-5-22-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 527K
    SNAG-2024-5-22-003.png
    1637 x 1388 - 356K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 314

crosswind said:

Yes, normally the hood on such a garment has been rigged with the general weight of figure's head... If the hood is on the head, it'll move with the head node, but if the hood is down, it'll still move with the head. So that brings you such an issue.

Firstly, you may check if there's any "reset hood" or "move hood" morphs on this garment, then try dialing it...

If there's no such morphs, there're still some tricks to fix it but it'll depend on the surface definition of the hoodie garment. Which product is this garment ?

In general, you export the garment with default hood position to OBJ file. Then import the OBJ back to update the Hood surface (create a selection set for it if there's no separate Hood surface) with Attenuate as a "fix morph".

Yes this is the problem for sure , i try to enter the geometry tool but didnt really understand what to do there , i also dont have the Fix Hood tool in the right. Sorry if its easy type to do but never really use this option , i try one time but didnt understan it clearly. :) 

That Fix Hood property was created by me for fixing such an issue. You better name the product that you use.

crosswind said:

That Fix Hood property was created by me for fixing such an issue. You better name the product that you use.

Oh sure if you mean the name of the hood : I Can & I will dforce outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Female(s) 

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Oh sure if you mean the name of the hood : I Can & I will dforce outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Female(s) 

Okay, here's the video of how to fix it : https://mega.nz/file/OTgxEAgK#Zgf5v5o6JvNtYZFEYmKFGQEJOZohQOhRRb984irufKs

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Okay, here's the video of how to fix it : https://mega.nz/file/OTgxEAgK#Zgf5v5o6JvNtYZFEYmKFGQEJOZohQOhRRb984irufKs

Thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHH For this AMAZING Video!!! At the end i done the page and make my oc dog cover it hahaha (as you see in the image kinda cool)
    But I will sure use it next images I will do! THANK YOU! This video will help me a lot I saved it on my pc haha :P

Yak.PNG
    890 x 608 - 1M

You're welcome ! And it's a good workaround with a puppy's "help". yeslaugh

crosswind said:

You're welcome ! And it's a good workaround with a puppy's "help". yeslaugh

Thank you very much!!! :D