I have a bug displaying in alpha numeric order

food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 133
edited May 20 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi everyone,

In the Content Library, I display several articles in numerical aplha order.

For example:

01 Item

02 Item

03 Item

04 Item

05 Item

06 Item

ect.

But arriving at 10 Item instead of displaying 11 Item it displays 100 Item.

Do you know why this bug occurs?

Thanks

Post edited by food.plus13 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

It is because sorting alphabetacally '100' comes before '11'.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 133

felis said:

It is because sorting alphabetacally '100' comes before '11'.

Ah ok thanks, I get the why.. 

Do you have a trick to solve this problem?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,479

Qt has gained the ability to sort "naturally" - but only in version 5.2, which is newer than the version used for DS 4. Padding  the names with leading zeroes is the only current option.

Richard Haseltine said:

Qt has gained the ability to sort "naturally" - but only in version 5.2, which is newer than the version used for DS 4. Padding  the names with leading zeroes is the only current option.

What do you mean by “Padding  the names with leading zeroes” ? Do you have an example please?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

What do you mean by “Padding  the names with leading zeroes” ? Do you have an example please?

Put an extra zero, or two, in front e.g 001, 002, 003. I always save anything like that automatically. All my images and pictures are saved that way.

Fishtales said:

food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Put an extra zero, or two, in front e.g 001, 002, 003. I always save anything like that automatically. All my images and pictures are saved that way.

Ok thank you it works well