Ballet outfit / Tutus for G9F (weird fit control issue with G8F/G3F outfits)

Does anyone know if there is a classic style ballet outfit got G9F?  We seem to have a bunch of poses but no workable outfits.

It seems problematic to use Fit Control on G3F and G8F outfits as it seems to parent large tutus to the hands, meaning it's fine in zero position but messes up in any kind of pose.  (If anyone knows how to stop this from happening, that would be amazing).

Right now the only way  can do this is to position the waistband manually, parent to the hip, and manually adjust as needed (which is just annoying, and there must be an easy way)

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,907

You could, after autofitting, with the geometry editor select all the outer part of the tutu, and in weight editing assign it to the pelvis bone.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,566

Interesting to know, I will try this with my own collection of ballet items on G9 when I find the time later today. But an idea off the top of my head, have you tried Vyk's separate Taffeta Tutus as well? I could imagine they'd work better because they're not attached to any leotard to begin with. I think they're in the store here now, used to be at at Rendo.

This misassigning could maybe also explain why some butterfly shirt I have doesn't work properly with G9, kind of tying the wide sleeves to the waist area. The reassigning via weight mapping seems like a good solution to try, for sure.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,224

When autofit or transfer utility rig a mesh, they will automatically assign parts of the mesh to a bone based on proximity, using a projection template as a guide. But for clothes which are not close to the body (like a tutu which is much wider on the hips than a typical skirt, or very long sleeves from a kimono or fantasy dress, for example), some polygons are actually closer to another bone's "influence zone" on the template than the one they should logically be assigned to, and so they end up assigned to the wrong bone.

So you will need to edit the rigging afterwards if you want the clothes to work properly.

edited May 19

Victoria 9 in G8 outfit.

Ballet_dress_G8_G9_02.png
    1800 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by felis on

felis said:

Victoria 9 in G8 outfit.

Which one are you using? I've tried the Taffeta Tutus and the Ballet Gala outfit so far, and both cause the problems described by the OP.  

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

tsroemi said:

felis said:

Victoria 9 in G8 outfit.

Which one are you using? I've tried the Taffeta Tutus and the Ballet Gala outfit so far, and both cause the problems described by the OP.  

Probably used the Node Weightmap Brush to adjust the influences of the bones so that the skirt moved with the hip, as it should.

I used this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-ballet-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

And as Richard mentioned adjusted the weightmap of the tutu.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited May 19

As others said, it's just because of the "wrong weight transfer" when auto-fitting the G8's tutu onto G9 figure. Do not adjust it with Fit Control but just copy weight map from G8's tutu to G9's. It's very simple to fix.

As the attached screenshots, press Alt + Shift + W (node weight brush) first, then copy the weight map of the Pelvis bone from G8's tutu to G9's auto-fitted one ...

And if you also find the similar issues on other Bones, do the same with those Bones' weight maps.

SNAG-2024-5-20-001.png
    2560 x 1392 - 744K
    SNAG-2024-5-20-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 780K
    SNAG-2024-5-20-003.png
    2560 x 1392 - 718K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited May 19

crosswind said:

As others said, it's just because of the "wrong weight transfer" when auto-fitting the G8's tutu onto G9 figure. Do not adjust it with Fit Control but just copy weight map from G8's tutu to G9's. It's very simple to fix.

As the attached screenshots, press Alt + Shift + W (node weight brush) first, then copy the weight map of the Pelvis bone from G8's tutu to G9's auto-fitted one ...

That seems like a nifty trick, I was just coming back in here to ask how to speed up the tedious process of cleaning up all those wrongly assigned influence groups. But how does the copying of just the pelvic bone map cancel out all the others, do they get deleted automatically?

Edit: Ah sorry, didn't read properly, I guess I just copy these over as well.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • GreatGonzoGreatGonzo Posts: 51

Awesome, thanks all... I assumed there was a quick and easy fix :) .  You're all awesome!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Weights are normalised - the total weights on a vertex across all joints must add up to 100%. So pasting in the weight map, which is probably going to be mostly 100% for the Pelvis here, will also clear all the other maps. If you do find there are stray bits you can always do some more copying-and-pasting, but I think that is unlikely to be needed here.

Richard Haseltine said:

Weights are normalised - the total weights on a vertex across all joints must add up to 100%. So pasting in the weight map, which is probably going to be mostly 100% for the Pelvis here, will also clear all the other maps. If you do find there are stray bits you can always do some more copying-and-pasting, but I think that is unlikely to be needed here.

Ah, I didn't know that, that's great. Thank you! And sorry OP for somewhag hijacking your thread, it was to the point, however ;-)