Loading is insanely slow

I have a lot of warnings in my logfile. Stuff like this:

[INFO] :: Preparing modifiers...
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5904): Modifier definition not found.
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: eJCM_AF_25_R!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5904): Modifier definition not found.
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: eJCM_AF_11_R!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5961): Parent for modifier not found: PBMRadellaNailsSquare.
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: PBMRadellaNailsSquare!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5961): Parent for modifier not found: PBMRadellaNailsRound.
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: PBMRadellaNailsRound!

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: CL_Collision_PushUp_Upper_Left_v2!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1711): Modifier not prepared: Anfisa Kiss 1!
[INFO] :: Creating modifiers...
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: eJCM_AF_25_R!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: eJCM_AF_11_R!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: PBMRadellaNailsSquare!

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: PBMRadellaNailsRound!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: CL_Collision_PushUp_Upper_Left_v2!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1728): Modifier not created: Anfisa Kiss 1!

I don't know what this stuff is or how to deal with it. 
Then I get tons of this sort of thing:

[INFO] :: Creating property aliases...
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(9291): Alias property reference not found: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z%20Hurt%20and%20Injured%20Expressions/Z%20HI%20Yelping.dsf#Z%20HI%20Yelping?value
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1743): Property alias not created!
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(9291): Alias property reference not found: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z%20Hurt%20and%20Injured%20Expressions/Z%20HI%20Wounded.dsf#Z%20HI%20

Then page after page of

[INFO] :: Creating sum stage formulas...

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6902): Formula output property not found: lLipLowBailaner:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lLipLowBailaner?end_point/y - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SASE/Baila/FBM-SASEBaila.dsf
[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6902): Formula output property not found: lLipLowBailaner:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lLipLowBailaner?end_point/z - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SASE/Baila/FBM-SASEBaila.dsf

How do I get rid of these warnings?
Not sure if it's safe to just remove the things that are throwing up the warnings.

Comments

• It's mostly broken or missing files. Check if there's an updated version.

If there's not, you're going to have to start editing files or just uninstall the content.

The alias files aren't necessary for the morph to function, they just put a pseudo copy of the morph in the associated node.

It's going to be fine to remove things, if they aren't required by other things.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,921

WHat version of Daz Studio are you running?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited May 16

Generally speaking, the messages you posted from the log should not bring you "insanely slow" loading... but just a bit slow. So how long did it take to load the figure ? And is there any "duplicate formula" warnings in the log ? Better attach your full log.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • JImWJImW Posts: 26
    edited May 16

crosswind said:

Generally speaking, the messages you posted from the log should not bring you "insanely slow" loading... but just a bit slow. So how long did it take to load the figure ? And is there any "duplicate formula" warnings in the log ? Better attach your full log.

8-10 minutes for some characters. I'll have a look for duplicate formula in the log ...

Post edited by JImW on
    edited May 16

crosswind said:

Actually sometimes even longer than I just wrote. Just now I waited fifteen minutes for a character to load.

Post edited by JImW on

frank0314 said:

WHat version of Daz Studio are you running?

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

It's mostly broken or missing files. Check if there's an updated version.

If there's not, you're going to have to start editing files or just uninstall the content.

The alias files aren't necessary for the morph to function, they just put a pseudo copy of the morph in the associated node.

It's going to be fine to remove things, if they aren't required by other things.

I recently switched to an ssd after slow loading times previously and then started get all these warnings. Perhaps some of the files were corrupted in the move and that's why they're missing. For the missing files, how do I find out what's trying to load them? What do I do about the alias ones, should I remove those files? 

• JImW said:

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

It's mostly broken or missing files. Check if there's an updated version.

I recently switched to an ssd after slow loading times previously and then started get all these warnings. Perhaps some of the files were corrupted in the move and that's why they're missing. For the missing files, how do I find out what's trying to load them? What do I do about the alias ones, should I remove those files? 

nope, the base files are broken. I've got versions of the files that show the same errors. Some have been updated to correct the issues.

Radella's nails has a typo, the anfisa kiss error is in all 3 of the alias files(the base morphs work fine), clusterbomb throws a bunch of errors, Hurt and injured and Baila don't contain the files being called for, and the readme's don't list them as included. Baila's character preset also breaks genesis 8f to the point it's functionally unusable.

The only one i don't seem to have is the Ejcm file.

For the most part, the primary driver of 'long' load times is the amount of stuff(DSF's and dhdm's) that is installed for genesis.

Even without errors, i've gotten upwards of 30 minute load times.

This is why i switched to a split directory install and only add the assets, via CDM(content directory manager), i need for a particular project.

Be aware that because of the way genesis works, charcter presets will take longer to load compared to the basic female.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

JImW said:

crosswind said:

Actually sometimes even longer than I just wrote. Just now I waited fifteen minutes for a character to load.

Firstly, pls be noted that starting from DS 4.22, the assets loading time was significantly improved. (50~60% faster than older version). So strongly suggest you upgrade your DS to 4.22.

Secondly, 15 mins of loading a character preset is really not normal. I do think that there might be duplicate formula issues... pls dbl-check your DS log.