Is there an easier way to group?

I have a lot of objects in my scene.
I want to group it  for better organization, but it's not easy to group in DAZ with so many objects. 

Is there an easier way to group?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited May 13

No matter how many objects you have in the scene, AFAIK, the way of grouping is just to: select multiple items (with Ctrl or Shift), then New Group or drag & drop as needed.

I always use a shortcut: Alt + G to Group, and four shortcuts (Alt + 2, 8, 3, 9) to ReOrder the objects. It's pretty fast.

Besides, pls try the latest Public Build, ReOrder has been enhanced : you can re-order without a Group, i.e. in the whole scene list... So, now it's neat and fast to re-organize the objects in the Scene pane.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • JamesJames Posts: 924
    edited May 13

Alt + 2, 8, 3, 9
    Doesnt do anything?

One of the trouble is, my group is way down there, while the items I want to group is way up in the list. It's very difficult to drag it from up to bottom.

Post edited by James on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Use the right-click Change Parent option.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited May 13

James said:

Alt + 2, 8, 3, 9
    Doesnt do anything?

One of the trouble is, my group is way down there, while the items I want to group is way up in the list. It's very difficult to drag it from up to bottom.

Setting of Alt + 2, 8, 3, 9... is shown in the attached screenshot, i.e. Alt + the numbers in NumPad.

And for the case you have, yes, one way is to use Change Parent... and better assign a shortcut to it. Another way is: with DS Public Build (not possible in General Release now...), you can select the item which is way up there, then press Alt + 3 (Selected Node(s) to Bottom), then drag it to the Group which is nearer to the item. It's fast.

SNAG-2024-5-14-008.png
    1085 x 779 - 64K
    Post edited by crosswind on