Many icons in the library are greyed out

Many icons in the library are greyed out

I just reinstalled everything

Is there a way to make greyed out icons get there image back?

2024-05-10_040412.png
579 x 833 - 213K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Maybe, firstly check it by this way, if you installed them with Install Manager :

Go to runtime\support folder under your Daz Library root path, search by 3420, see if there's a thumbnail image (*.jpg) ? If there is, then try re-importing metadata of this product.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,261
    edited May 11

Crosswind,

C:\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support

when I search here windowa says it can not find it

Im kind of at a loss, I asked someone pretty good at daz but he didnt know how to either

Post edited by VicS on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 543

VicS said:

Crosswind,

I don't know what "search by 3420" means. A search for 3420 in the root comes back with about 40 files. Most of them don't have the string "3420" anywhere in the file path or filename.

If you go to the ...Runtime/Support folder and search for 3420 (the DAZ3D store's SKU for Alchemy Chasm), the search will return only those Support files that have 3420 in the filename.  Since SKU's are unique, only the Alchemy Chasm files will be returned by the search.  Hopefully, that will be at least three files - a .dsa file, a .dsx file, and a .jpg or .png file.  Below is an example from my system for the product Tavern Maid (SKU 13786) that I bought and installed last month.  A product's thumbnail image in the Content Library and Smart Content come from the product's image file (jpg or png) in the Runtime/Support folder. 

Support files.jpg
    1003 x 147 - 57K

Ok, thanks

even if I am succesful means they must be done one by one

Is there a way if I reinstall daz again that all the icons will automatically load properly can any one help with that

thanks

I meant to ask earlier if the products with missing thumbnail images actually load into Daz Studio.  If so, then the problem with the thumbnails is likely only problems with that aspect of the metadata or the thumbnail image files themselves.

I don’t know if reinstalling Daz Studio will correct the problem since the problem seems to be with product files or metadata.  I recommend that you search your Runtime/Support folder for a few of the items with missing thumbnails.  If you discover that the image files are not in Runtime/Support or that the image files are there but not being connected in Content Library/Smart Content, then it is probably better to either reimport metadata for the products as crosswind suggested or uninstall/reinstall the products.

ok thanks , I am too much of a computer dummy for this one

Uninstalling and reinstalling the problematic content may be your simplest path forward to correcting, hopefully, the problem.  I recommend using DIM - the Daz Install Manager.

I did use DIM, now that central is gone I dont know any other way to install the products, too bad there is no setting to looking for in DIM to correct this problem because I will to to reinstall soon again

thanks

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Oh... if you still cannot locate the product metadata as well as the thumbnail image within the runtime\support folder, pls also check the IM package (IM00003420xxx.zip) of that "Alchemy Chasm", see if the needed files are well included in the ZIP or not...

ok thank you