Why my wall has weird shading?

https://prnt.sc/GnVRu_42WZTT

Why my wall has weird shading in daz?

https://prnt.sc/K2gcnZzW3BAE
I don't see anything wrong with the geometry in blender

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

You have some long faces, without any bevel at the edges.

I think it is smoothing that is causing that.

You could try setting Round Corners to Off, but not something I usually change. My preferred method would be to add bevel at the edges.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406
    edited May 4

If you made that with Booleans, there will be N-gons.  Yu need to apply boolean modifier and then triangulate or remesh. 

You cannot have an n-gon in Daz, only Trigons or Quads.
    Edit: sorry, just looked at second geometry image, and geometry looks like quads already, but not sure. Maybe just check geometry of problem area does not have any weird ngons.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,479
    edited May 4

In this case it looks like the kind of issue I have seen when an edge or polygon got duplicated, confusing the shading algorithms - check that the join between wall and inset at that point has no extra geometry, and that welding/not welding around the cut-outs is consistent.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

lilweep said:

If you made that with Booleans, there will be N-gons.  Yu need to apply boolean modifier and then triangulate or remesh. 

Edit: sorry, just looked at second geometry image, and geometry looks like quads already, but not sure. Maybe just check geometry of problem area does not have any weird ngons.

Actually DS doesn't have a problem with n-gons normally, long skinny tri poly and concave quad or n-gon are where it has issues.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,479

Bejaymac said:

lilweep said:

Actually DS doesn't have a problem with n-gons normally, long skinny tri poly and concave quad or n-gon are where it has issues.

nGons are fan-triangulated, with a reference to the original ngon stored for reference. So the issues will happen where the point from which the triangles fan out allows them to leave the shape.