Daz AI Studio - Official Beta Launch!

Comments

• ArtByMelArtByMel Posts: 26

Masterstroke said:

While the first AI images looked stunning, because of their status of being new, the look of AI has become old. 
    You could say AI images all look alike. Over saturated and boring.

I like to refer to it as cookie cutter art. ;)

• A fun tool. That is pretty much it. Might use it to create some background images.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

It does seem like integrating 3D modeling with AI image generation is a possible solution to AI's problem with character continuity across multinple images. Solving this problem is probably the major driver behind this project, as hinted at in the PR statement. I wish the developers luck pulling it off.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419

3Diva said:

Keiku said:

frank0314 said:

Keep in mind this is a Beta so still being worked on.

Is it too much to hope that it will just be cancelled? If it's in beta then hopefully you haven't spent too much time or money on it and you can just walk away without much loss.

It literally cost YOU nothing, so why would you want it to be "cancelled"? If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Those who want to use it can use it. When did we become a culture of "If *I*, personally, don't want to use something it shouldn't even exist".

I for one think it's a nice option for people who do want to use it. :) 

I think so too. I like DS AI.

• Hai...say wot iz the pointz of this tool?

I iz attach 2 samples using Victoria 4 in a simple pose, rendered in studio and run through the AI platform I currently use

Iz rush this off soon as I gotz home...so no background etc

One iz Photo realistic nd one uses an Anime setting...sure the handz iz need a little work but...Victoria...4...lookz pretty neatz huh?

Wot I iz expect from a Daz AI iz an interface that helpz me imporve my pipeline...an AI director of cinematography wot iz interface with my entire daz library of stuffz...not just G9...and allow me to render and tweak scenes using my stuffz nd promptz

Iz not get why we iz getting another 2d AI generative enginez when we iz a 3d community???

Victoria 4 sample one.jpg
    2040 x 1152 - 593K
    Victoria 4 sample two.jpg
    2040 x 1152 - 405K
  • nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

butterflyfish said:

It worked for me. It just gave no indication that it was doing anything, and it took a long time.

Good - It works, Bad - It took a long time.  I waited a long time and decided to go off and do something else.  I will try again.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

I am using a time during waiting to think about what I would create next.

• When is the touted image2image feature going to be released?

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited April 5

Quick feedback about options I missed most:

- automatically adding the seed number to the image name (or creating custom file names in general)

-  a checkbox to automatically export the prompt as .txt file with the same name as the image 

- advanced: include the whole workflow in the saved png. Drag the png back into the web UI to restore the workflow including prompts, seed, node settings etc.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

Maybe I missed the instructions somewhere, but how do I access the advanced features (like controling size and aspect ratio) ... I paid for the pro version, but I only have the same controls that free version had.?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

3141592654 said:

Maybe I missed the instructions somewhere, but how do I access the advanced features (like controling size and aspect ratio) ... I paid for the pro version, but I only have the same controls that free version had.?

Does it say you are on thje paid fopr option at the top-left of the screen? The available options should be under the figure selection on the left.

edited April 5

Richard Haseltine said:

Does it say you are on thje paid fopr option at the top-left of the screen? The available options should be under the figure selection on the left.

Yes ... the top left says I am on the premium plan ... but I still only have the controls the free version showed. I will try logging out and back in while I await answers. 

EDIT:  maybe I am expecting too much ... many features are not yet available. However, are backdrops and lighting supposed to be available options yet ... the page description does not indicate if they are there yet?

Post edited by 3141592654 on
    edited April 5

It should look like this

Daz AI Studio paid.jpg
    471 x 995 - 45K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Okay ... that is what I have so far. I was expecting too much apparently.

Yes, some features, such as inpainting, are not yet available.

• DevWhatNow?DevWhatNow? Posts: 27
    edited April 6

I'm not sure what the point of this tool is. 

You can, quite literally, do this by running a bunch of DAZ renders of characters you have through kohya & Automatic1111 or Comfy UI on a remotely modern graphics card, except you have a lot more control, it works much better, much faster, and it's free.  And those features like inpainting, upscaling, etc... are already in there and implemented far better.

Also, DAZ is a 3D app...  Even if it were any match for the free & open-source tools already available, this only applies to renders, doesn't it?  Any interactive/game content, this does nothing?

I mean I get it, get on the AI train if ya want, but there's AI 3D generation, which would at least make more sense to incorporate into DAZ.

Post edited by DevWhatNow? on
  • no noseno nose Posts: 306

I think a lot more could be done if you guys released the checkpoints / lora's that were made for this, I know I could certainly get a bit more done with it

edited April 18

LoRA strength

Are there plans to add a dial to adjust the strength of the Victoria 9 and Michael 9 LoRA?

Customers might be able to achieve interesting results if they could manually adjust and experiment with LoRA strength.

Potentially unwanted side effects of LoRA

LoRA strength sliders could improve the overall image quality when using LoRA.

LoRA tend to orverride the style of the base checkpoint with sometimes unwanted side effects.

Example:

The Victoria 9 LoRA may not only add the face of Victoria 9 but also an auburn hair color, the ponytail hairstyle, clothing, monochrome backgrounds, lighting, etc. of the images used in LoRA training.

Lowering LoRa strength to 0.6 - 0.8 could provide the benefit that only the most trained attribute, in this case the face of Victoria 9 is applied.

###

Maybe LoRA strength sliders may be implemented when additional LoRA for clothing, hairstyles, lighting, environments are added?

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656
    edited April 7

nwleee_a52bfead84 said:

Are you friggin' kidding me ?!?!?!  This is just so wrong, let me count the ways!
    It's been months since I opened DAZ Studio because I've been addicted to creating AI artwork (Stable Diffusion -> CivitAI-> Automatic A1111 -> Totally free, with hundres of more options).
    I finally said it's time to get back into creating real art and get back to DAZ Studio.  Only to find THIS... A very limited, poor man's attempt at AI artwork. (even with the paid subscription).... not even close to what is possible with a free offline AI program (Stable Diffusion - WebUI)

Call me when your AI program can actually prompt images to work with (3D) Daz Studio.  I'll be back when it does.

This is just a slap in the face to AI enthusiasts and especially long time DAZ customers!

I agree that right now it's kind of lacking in some respects, but it's a Beta. They probably want our input. 

The world is changing. Especially in the art and music realms. I think DAZ is smart to hedge their bets and get this AI stuff going, because it's not going to stop.

If they can build it to work with DAZ Studio itself as an assistant to scene generation, or a post-work processing tool, then I think it might be nice to have.

I've been using Dream Studio by stability.ai and I really enjoy it. But you have much more control of the flow with DAZ Studio. And AI image generators do not create 3D characters for export into video games as far as I can tell. If I'm wrong on that one please let me know. 

The game studios are going through the same chaos right now with AI. I don't envy them.

When the dust settles, who knows where we will be with all these new AI technologies.

Post edited by vonHobo on
  • creed2003creed2003 Posts: 66

We need the abilty to make higher resolution images. 

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485

Hello all...

I wish I could have been on the beta team of this but I wasnt...

I agree on the ability to make higer rez pictures with options..

DemonFire 3.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 179K
    UnicornPrincess.jpg
    1152 x 896 - 200K
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592
    edited April 10

foleypro said:

Hello all...

I wish I could have been on the beta team of this but I wasnt...

I agree on the ability to make higer rez pictures with options..

With generative AI, higher res images are made via "upscaling". This can be more than simply increasing the image resoution. It can actually add new details, etc.

- Greg

ETA: Should have added that this option is typically included in most WebUIs for generative AIs.

Post edited by algovincian on
  • InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

This is a beta product, so: Welcome to the beta team!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606

I dont know what the fuss is about? I use the free Ai tools and Blender for Artists and the results are kinda blah. I get more pleasure sitting on my art desk with some plain paper with pencil and something I 3d rendered quick as a guide than Ai doing if for me. Just a suggestion. People take some art classes and just use quick renders as references for your art work.

edited April 11

Would it be possible to add the option to enter the Prompt Strictness as decimal number?

In theory you could recreate the exact same image in Daz AI Studio when knowing the prompt, seed and other used settings.

The Prompt Strictness does not seem to affect the result that much.

Still, knowing its exact number instead of a guessed slider position could help in some cases.

seed_3899065269.jpg
    222 x 830 - 31K
  • davidltsldavidltsl Posts: 14

It seems that Daz has missed some important features and chances to improve beyond the other AIs. Ideally intergrating the AI into DAZ Studio so you could generate AI backgrounds or hair or costumes would have made it stand out.

I am experimenting with using AI as part of my workflow but I take one or more of my own renders into DreamUp as a image to use as part of the prompt. The option to use your own renders to prompt the AI means that yor composition and general lighting are kept and you can use the underlying render to correct issues (hands, extra faces etc).

davidltsl said:

It seems that Daz has missed some important features and chances to improve beyond the other AIs. Ideally intergrating the AI into DAZ Studio so you could generate AI backgrounds or hair or costumes would have made it stand out.

I am experimenting with using AI as part of my workflow but I take one or more of my own renders into DreamUp as a image to use as part of the prompt. The option to use your own renders to prompt the AI means that yor composition and general lighting are kept and you can use the underlying render to correct issues (hands, extra faces etc).

This is a beta, and it isn't even a beta of the final product.

• davidltsldavidltsl Posts: 14

Richard, I appreciate it's a beta but DAZ still needs to listen to constructive criticism of it's features or lack of them. There are many viable alternatives to Daz Ai Studio to choose from and it's features will determine whether people choose to use it.

davidltsl said:

Richard, I appreciate it's a beta but DAZ still needs to listen to constructive criticism of it's features or lack of them. There are many viable alternatives to Daz Ai Studio to choose from and it's features will determine whether people choose to use it.

My point was that it isn't featue-complete, certainly not in regard to the long term text to 3D tool that was announced last year.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

The main point for me is that it is coming from Daz 3D company

and I like it already very much.