Very slow animation in Assemble room. Why?

Upgraded from V6 to V8.5Pro. Same computer, same CAR file. Watching the animation move in the Assemble room takes 24 seconds for each second of animation. This is where I do all the work! What is wrong? I have Play Every Frame on. PC with Win8.1.

Comments

• What settings are you using in the Interactive Renderer? Are you using textured view? I think some more information could help a little, as what you have provided is very vague.
  • hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 180
    edited December 2015

Giroud texture. Texture map size is 512 x 512. Performance slider is about 1/3.

Post edited by hrpschrd on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

It depends on what's in your scene... and your system spec, although 24 sec's per sec is extremely slow.

The more objects in your scene that change from frame to frame,.. the longer it'll take to calculate that motion.

if you have thing like particles or physics going on,. then it'll be slower again.

EG: A scene with a plane and a sphere animated bouncing on it,. should playback in realtime,. but a forest or trees or multiple figures will be much slower.

The more textures and surfaces you're displaying on screen, the more memory that will eat,. and that's memory which isn't being used to calculate the object movements.

Test or preview complex scene animations  using wireframe  or bounding box view to reduce memory usage,

Work on figure animations on base figures, in an empty scene whenever possible, and save that animation, then apply that to a figure in your main scene.

There's also been a number of changes from C6 to C8.5,. it may be a good idea to rebuild that scene in 8.5,.

Win 8 also needs much more of your system memory than windows XP would have used,. which would have been the OS around at the time of C6

• hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 180

I think you are right. I will re-build in 8.5. 

thanks again