Genesis 3 Male for Genesis 2 Male Not Working

Purchased this product in the hope that it would work in Carrara 8.5Pro... whilst we wait for G3 compatability 

Thought that maybe I could get some of the cool stuff available for G3 but alas it didn't work for me..

The G3M clothing won't autofit to the G2M figure in Carrara

The morph to get the G3 figure works but that's all

Genesis 3 Male for Genesis 2 Male

Has anyone else purchased this product and used it succesfully in Carrara?

I have submitted a ticket on the issue..

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332

Have you tried using the autofit in DS first, then saving to the library, and then loading that into Carrara? As a good rule of thumb, when it comes to compatibility issues, it often helps to simply try another save from the primary intended studio. Like some things made for M4 or V4 that didn't work properly when loaded straight into Carrara could be fixed by loading them up in Poser, getting them working in Poser, then saving them from Poser back into the same (or whatever) directory under a new name. Then that new file would then work when loaded straight into Carrara. Some things that might not work with Genesis when used straight into Carrara can be added to a Genesis Character within DS and saved together with the character from DS to the library - and that combination would then work in Carrara.

It might not work.

Genesis 3 doesn't load into Carrara (so I've heard - never tried it). That might very well be due to the new rigging. If that's the case, it's hard to imagine G3 clothing working in Carrara since it bears the same rigging structure. However, that Auto-Fit might just change that rigging enough to help it along for Carrara. That being said, it might really help to have that all occur outside of Carrara first - so that the G3 rigging isn't being loaded into Carrara but, rather, a converted rig to Triax, which does work in Carrara. (?)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,009

Some good ideas there Dart.. 

G3 doesn't load into Carrara without crashing it out, however the clothing does load up with no problems.. just nothing to put them on no

Anyways.. I tried as you mentioned.. 

Started Carrara's plugin Daz Studio and loaded up G2M.. added the G3M clothing that comes with DS ( That's all I have ) to G2M and went through the autofit procedures..

Then I saved as an actor each piece of clothing to a new folder in G2M directory..

Back to Carrara... loaded up G2M applied the G3 morph and then loaded up the newly saved clothing..

That did work... though I would rather Carrara do it on the fly using this G3 to G2 autofit... Although that work around works it doesn't inspire me to part with my money on any G3 products at this point in time..

Thanks Dart for your idea.. yes

attached is image G2M with G3 morph applied and G3M standard bits of gear that comes with DS converted to G2M.

G2asG3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 161K
  • I see the dreaded black eyes are in this one. What causes that for Genesis anyway? In the old days it was simply Light Through Transparency wasn't usually enabled in the GI render settings, but these kids today... Oy!
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,009

I know what you mean EP... but in this one I did fix the black eyes, maybe the shadows just show it like they are still there.. or maybe M2 beat him up again ;-)