Help with Clothing

Hello everyone,

i hope everyone is having a great day. I just came by to ask how can you "fit" clothing on a model. i dont mean using gen 4 with gen 9. i mean to fit the clothing on the asset tha it is made for. 

Gen 8 model that has some big assests. the clothes i bought and use on a normal model looks fine but is deformed on the model with more of a porportion and the clothes/morph make the clothing look deformed(i had to expand the arm to clear the clipping and the chest..well, i want it to look like on the normal model).

PS: i know theres some clipping on the wrist, I mot completely done witht he render, still need some work.

Screenshot (651).png
1920 x 1080 - 3M

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

It needs a custom morph - and ideally it probably needs remapping and retexturing. Currently the morphs in the figure are being projected into the clothing, moving the vertices of the clothing so that they stay in the same position relative to the nearby vertices of the base figure as they had before the morph was applied. The surfaces of the breast have been moved out, but the sternum has not moved - as a result some parts of the clothing have stretched out relative to others. Extreme shapes will always be a problem for any kind of auto-generated morph. You could try aplying a Smoothing Modifier (Edit>Figure>Geometry) to the clothes and then set the Smoothing Type to Generic in the hope of reducing the pinching effect, or you could try applying a dForce modifier and runing a timeline Simulation from the base shape to your shape, but really you need to export the model as OBJ and then use a modelling tool to pull the surface into a more sensible configuration, then load that a new morph (Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro - ideally one for each of the morphs used to achieve that shape, being careful to make the morph name and OBJ name match so that the morphs are auto-aplied as needed).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,385

Content creators have no way to make and fix FBM / PBM on the wearables for the character's shape that users customize... If you do need that shape, you have to always fix the distortion yourself.

If the geometry in the area of cleavage / under breasts are badly distorted, a better way is always to export the wearable to external modeling software for fixing and import back OBJ to update the generated FBM / PBM on the wearables, or make a corrective morph.

• ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 53

It needs a custom morph - and ideally it probably needs remapping and retexturing. Currently the morphs in the figure are being projected into the clothing, moving the vertices of the clothing so that they stay in the same position relative to the nearby vertices of the base figure as they had before the morph was applied. The surfaces of the breast have been moved out, but the sternum has not moved - as a result some parts of the clothing have stretched out relative to others. Extreme shapes will always be a problem for any kind of auto-generated morph. You could try aplying a Smoothing Modifier (Edit>Figure>Geometry) to the clothes and then set the Smoothing Type to Generic in the hope of reducing the pinching effect, or you could try applying a dForce modifier and runing a timeline Simulation from the base shape to your shape, but really you need to export the model as OBJ and then use a modelling tool to pull the surface into a more sensible configuration, then load that a new morph (Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro - ideally one for each of the morphs used to achieve that shape, being careful to make the morph name and OBJ name match so that the morphs are auto-aplied as needed).

I will have to try this out as soon as I get home
  • ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 53
    crosswind said:

Content creators have no way to make and fix FBM / PBM on the wearables for the character's shape that users customize... If you do need that shape, you have to always fix the distortion yourself.

If the geometry in the area of cleavage / under breasts are badly distorted, a better way is always to export the wearable to external modeling software for fixing and import back OBJ to update the generated FBM / PBM on the wearables, or make a corrective morph.

What software will I be able to do this? I'm interested since, it doesn't look right.