I have no camera manipulators.

UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am following the DAZ Studio 4.0-Camera Editor movie on YouTube. In the movie there is a universal manipulator shown on the camera and various nodes shown along the blue line. I have none of those. How do I turn them on?

no_camera_manipulators.jpg
601 x 311 - 84K
Post edited by UVDan on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think you mean Line of Sight, Field of View , DOF etc?

Select the Default camera in the scene tab, if you don't have one, use Create > Camera. Select it in the Scene tab, and then change the camera view to Perspective. In the Parameters tab, with the Default camera selected, under Display are the things that you need.

See if that helps.

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited August 2012

Thanks for helping.
    Nope, not working. I still have no manipulators on my camera. NO universal manipulator, and none of the others you mentioned either.

Ok I found the activate universal manipulator button at the top of the interface and now I have everything but the depth of field manipulator.

OK I had to add the camera editor from the view menu and now I have gone into it and activated the dof tool which was turned off. HOORAY!

Post edited by UVDan on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I could have explained it a bit better Dan, sorry :red:

I find the DOF frames very useful, and I use them quite a lot. Glad it's going for you now.

edited December 1969

I really hate having to sign in every time I make a post.

I never knew that dof was available until I saw the editor video. Now I will have to try it. Usually though I am quite happy that the virtual camera does not behave like it's real world counterpart. During my years as a photographer I was constantly trying to defeat lens flare and obtain maximum depth of field by stopping down as far as possible.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You just missed a DOF contest for New Users. It has some very good tips on setting up DOF and links to tutorials. It's the August Contest WIP thread in the New users contest Forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    I really hate having to sign in every time I make a post.

Cross posting from another thread, but did you try this.

So, basically, two tabs:
    - Open a quick-reply to any thread in the first one. It doesn’t matter if you type anything, because the content will never be submitted.
    - Tab two, just click ‘Log Out’.
    - Go back to tab one. Click ‘Submit’ on your reply.
    - Ta-da! There it is.
    edited August 2012

Are you saying that if I do that once, then I will not have to do it again and I will be logged in for my next visit? Or that I will have to repeat that procedure every time I come back? And what does tab two mean. Does that mean that another Firefox tab has somehow been opened? Why should I have to do an improvised, back door, jury rigged, MacGyver maneuver? Am I wrong to expect basic website functionality?

Post edited by UVDan on
    edited December 1969

OK I know it is not perfect, but the forum is improving over time. No maybe you shouldn't have to do it, but it does work for most people.

I usually have more than one tab open, so you need 2 tabs open, both with the forum on them. (right click in FF to open a new tab). In one of the tabs, open a quick reply pane, as though you were going to post a reply, then go to the 2nd tab, and click top right to logout. Go back to the tab where you were pretending to post a reply and click send. Magically you will get a login screen, which allows you to tell the software to keep you looged in.

edited December 1969

Thank you Chohole. I am not a troll. I have health problems that prevent me from firing on all cylinders.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You just missed a DOF contest for New Users. It has some very good tips on setting up DOF and links to tutorials. It's the August Contest WIP thread in the New users contest Forum.

Thank you. I could not have entered that contest with a clear conscience. I am not a new user. I am just not a very good user.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    Jaderail said:

Thank you. I could not have entered that contest with a clear conscience. I am not a new user. I am just not a very good user.The tips are still there if you ever need them.

edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    Thank you Chohole. I am not a troll. I have health problems that prevent me from firing on all cylinders.

I am not sure if I ever fired on all cylinders,

Heck I even volunteered to be a moderator, how stupid is that. :roll:
    edited August 2012

Thanks Jaderail and chohole. I hope that worked.

Post edited by UVDan on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    UVDan said:
    Jaderail said:

Thank you. I could not have entered that contest with a clear conscience. I am not a new user. I am just not a very good user.

The tips are still there if you ever need them.

I cannot get there. The link in that thread takes me to the DAZ Maintenance page. Even though I got here just fine.