300 Dpi in Daz Studio

I've seen on so many websites that sell poser tubes claiming that the image has been rendered at 300 DPI, can someone please tell me how I achieve this using Daz Studio. I'm using Daz Studio 2.3 and any help you can give me would be really appreciated.

Thank you:-)

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,899
    edited August 2012

While an image is digital and viewed digitally it has NO physical size. For example, if your screen resolution is 1024x768 and you view a 800x600 image it will look a certain size on your screen. Change to 1280x1024 and the same 800x600 image looks smaller even though the number of pixels did not change.

There are three terms for DPI:

PPI (pixels per inch - scanners)
    Its the exact same thing but only refers to scanning an image into digital. It basically means how many pixels per phyical inch.

Physical DPI (printers)
    This is the printers ability to print X number of ink or toner dots per physical inch on the page. 300dpi is enough for text but sucks for images. 720 dpi is the minimal for images. the higher the better to a degree as it will get to the point where the human eye will not notice the difference.

DPI (the one that everyone is confused about)
    This value is determined by the program you are printing from!!! Regardless of where the image originated, as stated above, digital images DO NOT have a physical size! This DPI allows the computer to tell the printer how many pixels of the images are being printed per physical inch on the paper.

To read more on where the whole issue started, please see this article here:

http://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html

So, to answer your question, you dont cause its not there.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your quick reply, the information you provided was most helpful.

Best Wishes,
    Jackie