Solved: Need help with Genesis 9 eyes issues - behaving wildly and out of sync

yuniyhimikyuniyhimik Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in New Users

Hello!
I have a problem that is driving me mad.

The eyes of my Genesis 9 figure are going all over the place during posing.

I've started with Victoria 9 and applied partial morphs from other figures, such as MSO models and few others

Now it looks great, but when I start posing the model, in many cases, out of the blue, the eyes will just stop being synchronized.

There will be one particular Side-Side parameter that gets applied to one eye and not the other.

Sometimes there will also be issues with Up-Down eye parameter.

This happens not only with expressions, but even with some poses.

Here in image 1 I have an example from Victoria 9 emotions pack, where some expressions inexplicably make her eyes go wild.

And in image 2 is an example from a completely different pack of expressions, where again some expressions cause here eyes to go up-down and left-right, out of sync, 

And in image 3 we see her left eye - Side-Side completely missing

Does anyone here have any clues/ ideas on what the hell is going on and how to fix it?
I mean, I can manually go to the eye controllers each time and zero in the morph (btw alt-clicking doesn't do it, so I guess its treated as default or something?)

But its extremely time consuming and bothersome.
And if I use a product (Look at me) or manually point eyes toward camera, they go wild if I change the position of the model.
Any help/tips are greatly appreaciated.

1.png
2242 x 870 - 1M
2.png
2241 x 823 - 1M
3.png
380 x 376 - 26K
Post edited by yuniyhimik on

Comments

• I think there was a character that messed up the property linking for eyes - check that you don't have any pending updates yet to be installed, especially for Genesis 9 characters.

• Don't think that's it. No updates. Everything is up-to-date.
    And how can just a single small morph of, let's say 33% MSO Maureen cause Side-Side parameter to work differently for 2 eyes?
    Do they change the rotation center of the eyes? Because seems like that's what's happening. As I move "Eye Look Side-Side", sliders for Left and Right eye are moving in tandem, but the eyes are spinning widely as I do, completely out of sync.

• Moved the rotation centres or had spurious links to the eye rotation cotnrols, as I recall - the latter seems most familiar.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300
    edited November 2023

Check the sub-node - Genesis 9 Eyes with Show Hidden Properties, see if there's any value wrong or any weird property there..

SNAG-2023-11-11-0046.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • OK, looks like I might have solved it. 
    I went in and removed every single morph and parameter one by one. No head morphs did anything.
    Shockingly, a body morph from GC Natasha seemed to be the culprit.
    I didn't use the head part of that morph, but 10% body was messing up the eyes.
    Once I removed it, expressions were working as intended. Weird.
    Thanks for tips and suggestions!

• martinclementmartinclement Posts: 6
    edited October 1

I can't even find a place to begin with. This is atrocious. This is base G9 with no morphs added at all. How in the World can it actually be a thing? I bought for over a thousand dollars of products for G9 and not even the base model can move its eyes without them going out of their sockets. It's supposed to be looking to its left.

G9 BASE WITHOUT MORPHS WTF.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by martinclement on
  • If some joint adjustment is incorrectly set up then the eye movement will be applied always, even in a nominally zeroed figure. You need to find the culprit and update, remove, or fix it. crosswind, above, covers the identification part.

• Found out that other people who have been having this problem all have bought Color Galeria's CG Charles character, which includes an eye morph. which ended up causing the bug. Safe to say I have removed every single items I bought from this vendor and am seeking reimbursement.