Can I control the viewpoint when I open a file

Hello,

When I open a file I saved, it always open with the default view, not the view it had when I saved this file. For example, if I am in front view when I save the file, I am not in front view when I open the file again. Is it possible to make the file to open with the same view I saved it?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

As far as I can remember you will have to use a camera set to the view. It isn't something I really think about as I always have cameras set up for each view in a scene.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455

First, in an empty scene (after press Ctrl + N), your currently-used View will be always there if you don't change it. For instance, if you set it to Front View, close DS and reopen it, Front View will be still there. 

So if there's no Camera set in View Selection dropdown list in your saved scene file, when you open it, your currently-used View will be used. If you set it to Front View before opening the scene file, then you'll get Front View after scene file is loaded.

As Fishtales  mentioned, better set a Camera in your scene...

• Preferences>Scene (Edit menu for Windows, Daz Studio menu for Mac) does give the option to have a Default Camera added to new scenes.

• Thank you very much for your answers! I am not sure to understand well, I have to add a new camera to contraol the view of the file when I open it?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455

yuyu.atem said:

Thank you very much for your answers! I am not sure to understand well, I have to add a new camera to contraol the view of the file when I open it?

We suggest you create at least one camera in your scene then it'll be much easier for manipulation and a camera is a must-to-have for final render as well. That's almost a best practice for Daz user...

• The perspective View isn't saved or added to the Undo stack. Cameras are saved and added to the Undo stack. That makes cameras essential for saving a aprticular viewpoint, but if you are darting around the scene as you adjust the poses and other elements then you probably want to use perspective View so that you can step back through modifications without first having to step back through the view changes.

• Ok, I will try, thank you very much.