Merging actors - educational purposes

Howdy members.

To introduce myself, as requested : I'am a "fresh new" DAZ user. Doing Poser many years ago, C4d user, Blender user too. I am a "multi-role" person, I own my video studio and gear (sony fx6, phantom4pv2... Resolve dedicated MacPro... and so on) working on video production since ...1992.

I bought Michael 4 and his stuff : skeleton, anatomics, muscles to make educational animations (mostly for osteopathic teaching). I must use mixed animated actors to show the body envelope and the bones inside. When merging, I saw a displacement between body and some bones (feets, knees). As the attached image shows (follow the red arrows). Fixing on a still is easy, but in complex animation is not.

Any direction to guide me would be very appreciated. Best regards.

Bones-Body_error.jpg
1741 x 1951 - 102K

Comments

• Which Skeelton are you using, the Michael 4 Skeelton includes 2 figures - one for Poser, one for Daz Studio.

• Hello Richard, I use the DAZ one. And by the way where the underwear comes from ? I have not it on other renderers, only with iRay and of course, for anatomy animation it is out of purpose...

• I am not sure why you are getting the poke-through, then.

Both Victoria 4 adn Michael 4 have underwear painted on their default materials - there is an All natural preset, which makes the areas skin-like (but doesn't add any nipple detail).

• Thank you for your answer Richard. I will test other materials then. I have not so much time to "play" with DAZ and dig it further, as deadlines are near, but for my goal, have you a suggestion with, why not, another figure of a newer generation ? with of course the more precise IK to illustrate bodyparts amplitude with bones and envelope ? I also search a wireframe display plugin to also merge with, bones, body. The "merge" accuracy is my main problem.

Thanx again.

• Richard Haseltine said:

... there is an All natural preset, which makes the areas skin-like (but doesn't add any nipple detail).

Hello Richard, could you guide me to find it ? I cannot see any option...

thank-you

• Richard Haseltine said:

... there is an All natural preset, which makes the areas skin-like (but doesn't add any nipple detail).

Hello Richard, could you guide me to find it ? I cannot see any option...

thank-you

• The daz Studio preset will be in the Content Library pane, Daz Studio Formats>[Conent Directory name]>People>Victoria 4>Materials>V4 Sample-Res, if you installed the StudioCF package.

• Thank-you Richard, you save my day.

I found it and all works fine now. Even the bones displacement, I create skeleton first and M4 after to merge with.

Hunt must goes on : I am now searching for vascular patterns to merge again... in case you have and idea...

Thanx again