Scaling a character

Hi!

I'm just starting with Daz Studio but been working in 3D with other software packages. My goal with Daz Studio is to create a fictional human-like character that is in 1/6 scale of a human. He will be posing together with animals in same scene and this is why getting the scale right is important.

I already have a Genesis 9 character that I would like to use for this. Is it possible to scale down the Genesis 9 to 1/6 of the original scale and if so, when should I do it? As a last step after getting clothing, hair and pose correct or...?

Thanks!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455

You may use Proportion Height and other 'Proportion xxx' morphs to make your char. have a smaller size proportionally rather than using 'Scale' dials.

• juhajuha Posts: 0

crosswind said:

You may use Proportion Height and other 'Proportion xxx' morphs to make your char. have a smaller size proportionally rather than using 'Scale' dials.

Thanks crosswind! I'll give this a try. Will this method scale textures smaller as well if the character has clothes etc. on?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,867

What do you mean by "smaller"?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455

juha said:

crosswind said:

Thanks crosswind! I'll give this a try. Will this method scale textures smaller as well if the character has clothes etc. on?

The method is just to use Morphs to shape your character's size... it has nothing to do with texture maps. Actually you don't need to scale texture maps unless you don't have sufficient VRAM...

Fitted clothing on the figure will 'auto follow' figure's size change.

• juhajuha Posts: 0

crosswind said:

juha said:

crosswind said:

The method is just to use Morphs to shape your character's size... it has nothing to do with texture maps. Actually you don't need to scale texture maps unless you don't have sufficient VRAM...

Fitted clothing on the figure will 'auto follow' figure's size change.

Sweet. Thanks again!