Can you put anatomy on characters that don't come with anatomical elements mats?

Taylor-S-RoseTaylor-S-Rose Posts: 76
edited October 2023 in New Users

Addy characters are a good example. Fine-looking characters. Except then you look "under the hood" so to speak and you have a Barbie doll.

I've worked around it before by posing the character, then saving the pose as a preset and applying it to a character that DOES have anatomical parts, hiding the pelvis of the first character, showing only the pelvis of the second character, and after a bit of Gimp...solution.

The other solution is just to use the gen mats for a different character, but then the skin doesn't match.

It's kind of a pain in the butt solution though, so I'm throwing it out there -- is there any smarter way to do it?

(Title edited by mod to replace restricted word)

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,236
    edited October 2023

From what I understood (I tend to render fully clothed characters myself so I'm not the best source ^^), there are add-ons available at other sites (most likely renderotica) giving you alternate UVs for the gens so that they can use part of the torso texture when there's no specific gens textures.

Post edited by Leana on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,867

For females, if one uses "New Gens for Genesis 1/2/3/8/9", matching materials for the gens are created on the fly - No need for separate gens mats.

• PerttiA said:

For females, if one uses "New Gens for Genesis 1/2/3/8/9", matching materials for the gens are created on the fly - No need for separate gens mats.

What is "New Gens for Genesis 1/2/3/8/9" because I'd be interested in a solution to this issue, too.

Thanks. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,535

morrisonmp said:

PerttiA said:

What is "New Gens for Genesis 1/2/3/8/9" because I'd be interested in a solution to this issue, too.

Thanks. 

The New Gens series of products is available at Renderotica, as is Meipe's Golden Palace, which is my preferred product.

• Thank you for the responses.

As far as I can tell the "New Gens" are on Renderotica under "New Gens for Victoria 8", though if I am reading correctly they are compatible with most if not all other g8F figures.

I've heard of Golden Palace, I might look into it. I've had decent luck with the default gens + the Lex Kineses (sp?) morphs but it looks like GP might offer some additional creative freedom.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,867
    edited October 2023

Yeah it's named "for Victoria 8", but works with all Genesis 8 females

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455
    edited October 2023

There are less freedom and potentials with 'default gens'...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Late reaction, but oh well...  if you're looking for realistic anatomy, and no matter the character, then I can strongly suggest some of the products on 3rd party adult websites such as Renderotica. See, some of the female anatomy elements that are available over there can be applied to pretty much any character; from Victoria to Sukai for example. Many of those assets are provided with a "material copy" script that basically makes sure that the asset looks fully matched to the character.

Another alternative can be Substance 3D Painter; that software makes it very easy to texture assets, which can include the default Daz Studio anatomy elements. But... it can become a very time consuming process.