Easiest way to evenly light an indoor scene?

I'm sure this has been asked countless times, but the search function of this forum is horrible xD

I'm not after a moody atmosphere, I just want some easy well-lit presets to apply to a scene. For example, a preset for bright, even lighting with 5000k colour temperature, like a supermarket/grocery store. Or a 3800k preset for morning sunlight in a kitchen, etc. I see instructions on creating large planes/walls and turning the plane into an emitter, but that seems rather clunky and inefficient?

thanks 

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Select the building in the scene tab; open the surface tab and if the ceiling is a separate surface select it; go to the Emissive setting; change the colour to white; temperature to 5000 , if that is the colour you want the light, and set the Lumens to get the strength of light you want.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

If you're trying to get even, non-directional light to brighten the scene, you can test the effects of going into the Render Settings tab, click on Tone Mapping, then lower the Exposure Value.

It won't replace other lighting techniques, but it will help you control overall brightness.