Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,297

Assassins Don't Retire

Nawi was a nice inspiration to try other new things, the outfit and the environment. Gallery image here.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,394
    edited September 25

ManWolverine for Genesis 9 - https://www.daz3d.com/manwolverine-for-genesis-9

Render without his fur attached.

G9M Wolverine 1 Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • ZwytZwyt Posts: 133
    edited September 26

Just a little something I put together created mostly from items that I picked up recently from the PA sale. Maxwell takes center stage... um twice actually with some LoPi's in the background. Click the image below to see it in it's full widescreen glory. It got kinda squished in the post.

The Maxwells.png
    2500 x 1406 - 5M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 411
    edited September 25

Arken was clearly designed to be All Genders Hot so of course I had to buy them to see what All Genders Havok I could wreak.

At the moment, though, I don't have time for more than a brief demo.

arken.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • Been in an art slump lately (well, more of an everything-slump with random illness thrown in), so had a little play with some new things. Although this sale's been so unexpectedly good that I'll be playing with 'some new things' for quite a while I think...

milos-beach.jpg
    800 x 1280 - 186K
    caeso-doodle.jpg
    600 x 1068 - 129K
    toshi-test-4-2.jpg
    700 x 1050 - 153K
    edited September 26

columbine said:

Arken was clearly designed to be All Genders Hot so of course I had to buy them to see what All Genders Havok I could wreak.

At the moment, though, I don't have time for more than a brief demo.

Zwyt said:

Very nice work I just have one question and it's a total noob question even though I have been using Daz Studio for at least 20 years now. How do you post an image in the actual message like you have done? When I add an image it just apprears below the message as a much smaller link that people can click on a view full size. I have looked for a way to do this but haven't found it yet. Thanks.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Pax Asteriae said:

Been in an art slump lately (well, more of an everything-slump with random illness thrown in), so had a little play with some new things. Although this sale's been so unexpectedly good that I'll be playing with 'some new things' for quite a while I think...

The sale's been too freaking good! I'm not complaining mind you but with all the discounts they have been throwing at us I have spent way too much money a few times already! :)

Zwyt said:

Very nice work I just have one question and it's a total noob question even though I have been using Daz Studio for at least 20 years now. How do you post an image in the actual message like you have done? When I add an image it just apprears below the message as a much smaller link that people can click on a view full size. I have looked for a way to do this but haven't found it yet. Thanks.

You're going to hate my answer.

1. Attach the file and post your comment.

2. Open the attached file in a new tab to make it easy to grab and copy its URL.

3. Edit your original comment. Click where you want the image to be. Use the "image" icon and paste in the URL of the big image in the dialog that appears.

4. Save.

If there's an easier way than doing the two-step, I haven't found it.

• columbine said:

Zwyt said:

2. Open the attached file in a new tab to make it easy to grab and copy its URL.

3. Edit your original comment. Click where you want the image to be. Use the "image" icon and paste in the URL of the big image in the dialog that appears.

4. Save.

Yep, that's how I do it too.

And this sale! I just bought a bucketload of stuff that I didn't strictly need yesterday - that now I have to test - because ... how can you say no to deals like that?? 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493
    edited September 25

columbine said:

Zwyt said:

4. Save.

Slightly shorter method: After attaching the file but before posting, right-click on the thumbnail, and copy its image address.

Click where you want the image to be. Use the "image" icon and paste in the URL.

Remove thumbnail/ from the middle of the  URL. Be sure to leave one, and only one, of the slashes next to it. This gives you the URL of the big image.

Post.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
    edited September 25

columbine said:

Zwyt said:

4. Save.

If there's an easier way

than doing the two-step, I haven't found it.

Zwyt said:

That wasn't to bad. I'm going to have to remember not to render widescreen images for posting in the foru,s though. The final result was kinda squished in when it appeared in the post. Is there a way to keep that from happening with widescreen images? Actually I didn't hate your answer. I was afraid I might have to learn some html or something. :)

Post edited by Zwyt on

Zwyt said:

That wasn't to bad. I'm going to have to remember not to render widescreen images for posting in the foru,s though. The final result was kinda squished in when it appeared in the post. Is there a way to keep that from happening with widescreen images? Actually I didn't hate your answer. I was afraid I might have to learn some html or something. :)

[Steps away from other computer where she's been grinding out HTML for three days] Aw, HTML's not that bad :P

I haven't figured out the rules for when the forum code tries to resize images. There are some internal size limits (I mean width and height, not file size) and it resizes anything it sees over those, but I don't know what the limits are. Since I pretty much only ever post my 1000x1000 normal image size, I haven't run into it often enough to do any investigating. I'm sure others here know the secret rules, though.

• Pax Asteriae said:

Been in an art slump lately (well, more of an everything-slump with random illness thrown in), so had a little play with some new things. Although this sale's been so unexpectedly good that I'll be playing with 'some new things' for quite a while I think...

Oh, I very much like the one with the person with the umbrella! (The others are good, too. But that was my favorite.)

And I feel you on the good sale vibes. I peaked in the first week and haven't gotten much since (just a few absurdly good LD here and there; the GT's have been very pretty but nothing I'd use) but that first week I probably got myself set until the PA sale next year. :)

• columbine said:

Zwyt said:

[Steps away from other computer where she's been grinding out HTML for three days] Aw, HTML's not that bad :P

I haven't figured out the rules for when the forum code tries to resize images. There are some internal size limits (I mean width and height, not file size) and it resizes anything it sees over those, but I don't know what the limits are. Since I pretty much only ever post my 1000x1000 normal image size, I haven't run into it often enough to do any investigating. I'm sure others here know the secret rules, though.

800 wide - if it has to resize it will do only the width, distorting the image.

You don't have tio open the image in a new tab, just right-click and select Copy Link (not Copy Image Link, which is the link to the thumbnail itself)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

columbine said:

Zwyt said:

4. Save.

You don't actually need to open the attachment in a separate tab; right-clicking and selecting "copy link address" should do it for you. 

• acbacb Posts: 444

Richard Haseltine said:

800 wide - if it has to resize it will do only the width, distorting the image.

Setting width to an %-value and clearing the height, results in an unsquishible image. I like 70% for landscape and 50-60% for portrait.

• The forum software has built in tools for this if you're uploading on desktop. Click the image icon, you can put in the URL, set the width and make sure the padlock icon is set so that it automatically adjusts the height when you set the width. Also lets you set a link and alt text from that menu.
  • acbacb Posts: 444

AlmightyQUEST said:

The forum software has built in tools for this if you're uploading on desktop. Click the image icon, you can put in the URL, set the width and make sure the padlock icon is set so that it automatically adjusts the height when you set the width. Also lets you set a link and alt text from that menu.

Yeah, but that's actually the problem in this case. Because the height is then fixed, it won't adjust with the width when it is overflowing. By clearing the height after it is automatically set the image holds its aspect ratio.

edited September 26

Having partly contributed to a small derailing of the thread, let me help get it back on track ...

Here's Oso's new robot, in an image with an older robot kitbash I used in some stories two years ago. This image could be titled "Encountering the New Model." Because I've taken some serious liberties with Oso's kit, I'll put a few process notes after the image.

Oso's robot has a helmet wardrobe piece, but the rest of it isn't wardrobe, it's skin surfaces and a robot shape. Here I've added another shape, because Oso's robots are non-gendered but the ones in my stories are actual people who have been "converted" (and not entirely voluntarily), so I add Karmen's body. I also set Proportion Head Size to 40% because I wanted to imply that the helmet is significantly larger than the head under it.

Because Oso uses the diffuse overlay, the dual lobe settings, AND a top coat, this has the bonus side effect of there being (effectively) opacity maps for EVERYTHING: the main surfaces (the ones which load white by default), the recessed surfaces (black by default), and the edges of the main surfaces (gold by default). (Thank you, Oso!) It was important that my version be chromed. Here I've taken a combo approach: The chrome areas are a geometry shell which uses those opacity maps. The black areas have had one of Vyktohria's SF surfaces placed in the Diffuse Overlay Color slot -- on the body itself, not the geoshell. And the trim color, which is entirely in Top Coat, is changed from gold to blue.

The faceplate on the helmet uses one of the several "screen" images I created for the original stories.

(In case you're curious about the old model, she is a figure wearing a full-body latex suit that has been resurfaced in chrome; the faceplate and some of the head props (additional hardware has been added) are an old Coflek-Gnorg hat which is pre-Iray and has been resurfaced so hard that barely any of the original is left.)

Normally I would not have either "robot" wearing clothes in these stories, but I've put them both in Zero One here, so as to not risk running afoul of forum policy.

newmodel.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • columbine said:

Having partly contributed to a small derailing of the thread, let me help get it back on track ...

Here's Oso's new robot, in an image with an older robot kitbash I used in some stories two years ago. This image could be titled "Encountering the New Model." Because I've taken some serious liberties with Oso's kit, I'll put a few process notes after the image.

<snip>

That is a seriously beautiful kitbash. Robots aren't my thing, but still... love it. Well done. If I wore a hat, it would be off. 

SilverGirl said:

That is a seriously beautiful kitbash. Robots aren't my thing, but still... love it. Well done. If I wore a hat, it would be off. 

Thank you kindly!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,388
    edited September 27

HLMND Arken for Genesis 9 by Nathy and Hotlilme74 and Forgotten Gate Diorama by Vikike176 along with the dForce Hexenblade HD Armor for Genesis 9 by Luthbel doing elven things with a sword.

ElvenArken1.png
    1332 x 1041 - 3M
    Arken.png
    1332 x 1041 - 1M
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Love popping into this thread to see all the wonderful renders. Even during the summer when I didn't have much time for DAZ shopping or renders, I'd still pop in when I could. Thanks so much to everyone for sharing! heart

Just realized this thread's a year old now, since it started with last year's fantastic PA sale. And this year's no different. Pretty sure I spent several times what I'd mentally set as my budget... 
    Now it's high time to get back to doing some renders. Thanks everyone for all the inspiration! laugh

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 269

@nemesis10 - beautiful render and really shows off the products well, including Ardamir hair. I've added all of them to my wishlist, so maybe you should be doing promos if you dont't already?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,388

MoreTN said:

@nemesis10 - beautiful render and really shows off the products well, including Ardamir hair. I've added all of them to my wishlist, so maybe you should be doing promos if you dont't already?

Ah, thank you; you are too kid!  All I can see is my uninspired composition and how much grain is there.  I will try to end more purchases to this thread.

edited September 29

Back again with a little something. Playing with Oso's New Robot Servant today...

Searching Lower Res.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Zwyt on
    edited September 29

Just a little rest after doing all that strenuious orc stuff... :)

Just a Little Rest.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Zwyt on
    edited September 30

Little bit of London...

London.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Zwyt on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883
    edited 6:51AM

Tempesta's Alyce V4 - https://www.daz3d.com/alyce-v4