Error 1395 at installation time - during DIM downloads actually

Tried to install D|S on an older computer - I'd say that about 45% of the time this works... I usually get a declaration that I need OpenGL 1.3  sad

I have not encountered this error ("1395") before; I see it is mentioned in the Nuts and Bolts forum.

I hope this does not have something to do with AMD graphics chips.

error1395.jpg
1024 x 279 - 47K

Comments

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,232

Oh yeah, was going to mention: is there a Help and Support section in DIM? Because the help in D|S (you have to be on-line - not always possible) took me to the reference section and/or user guide, which did not list that error.

• That isn't a Daz error, it's an error from the Microsoft installers for the Visual c++ libraries (which are launched by the Daz installer).

Thanks. I feel that since DIM started it, for me, my user experience was lacking. Fortunately this is the first and only time this has happened.

• it is run a long  long time and i can not get star 

螢幕快照 2023-09-12 下午5.54.52.jpg
    1972 x 1494 - 350K

Sorry to hear it, group333x. I have to assume that DIM crashed on you or you are having connection problems.

In my case searching for help with the OpenGL 1.3 continued to be a problem well into October 2023.

edited October 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

That isn't a Daz error, it's an error from the Microsoft installers for the Visual c++ libraries (which are launched by the Daz installer).

I tried a new (to me) used Lenovo Thinkpad. I had Windows 10 on a 500 Gb hard drive. Everything worked (Lenovo posted updated drivers) except... the latest DAZ Studio 4.1 seemed like it might be a bit slow when I moved around in the Parameters pane say.

On a whim I swapped out the HDD for a terabyte-sized SSD and installed Win 7. Some issues - like Mozilla Firefox have dropped support - but it seem like a nice machine and an older version of Studio seems fast enough. I downloaded the [latest] DIM and it made it through the Visual c++ part of the install, but from there DIM absolutely refuses to work! I click on "Start Queue" and it just burps and nothing happens. I wonder if it is trying to "force" me to download the latest version of Studio? sad

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • More likely permission issues of soem kind in Windows. It obviously isn't the S version, since you were able to install DIM, but if you are trying to install an application (Daz Studio) then DIMHelper does need to be given UAC aproval - are you getting the "Do you want to allow xxxx to make changes tot hsi computer" pop-up, from DIM or from anything else?

I see... I can't say for sure that I was there, present, and paying attention when the prompt for "DIM Helper" came up.

OTTOMH, I suppose I should try uninstalling DIM and then reinstalling it.

• You should be asked afesh each time it runs the helper (which is when it installs application or anything that installs like a plug-in).

Ok. Whichever version of DIM it is - and it seemed to work fine on a separate computer over the weekend - it seems to be stuck in a rut on my Lenovo Thinkpad. I uninstalled DIM and re-installed, but there was no prompt for the Helper. Tried it again - no prompt for the Helper, and trying to download something continues to not work.

At the moment I am open to picking up a terabyte or 500 Gb sized SSD on my way back to my place, and trying the process again from scratch: install Win7, install DIM and download whatever Daz Studio.

Again the latest results *ON THIS COMPUTER* (Intel i5-3320M @ 2.6 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM) seems or seemed to be that the latest Studio (version 4.21 somethingerather?) was running a bit slow in the Parameters pane controls say, under Windows 10. Which is why I took out the Windows 10 disk drive and swapped in a 1 TB SSD and installed Win7 and and older Studio. All seems OK except DIM won't download stuff. It's a nice computer - one of the smallest and lightest I have and I like Lenovo's matte (not glossy!) display screens.

• What security software are you running?

On these naked, out-of-the-box installations of Windows 7 and 10? Nothing. I haven't even gotten to Windows Defender or Windows Update yet.

The good news is that this has never happened before. Remember that the Thinkpad ran ok and I just swapped out the drive for an SSD and I went back to Windows 7 just to see if doing so had any effect on Studio. I can put the Windows 10 drive back in (one screw secures the hatch) in about 30 to 45 seconds and all will be fine.

For now though I have stepped away from the Thinkpad and am trying to tweak the Intel graphics sub-system on an Acer. Windows 10 doesn't seem to be playing ball as far as my earlier restore points which I hope I made... I think I made! surprise