Can Genesis Generation X converter transfer V4 clothing morphs?

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know that the "Genesis Generation X" software utility can transfer morph targets from Vicki/Michael 4 figures into the Genesis figure. But can I take a shirt (or any clothing) that was made for Vicki 4, auto fit it to Genesis and then have "Genesis Generation X" transfer the generation4 morphs into the clothing so they can be used with Genesis?

If not are there any utilities that can do this?

I have no problem with the auto-fit feature, it's great at fitting V4 clothing to Genesis, but it would be great if I could use the morph targets that were originally used.

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

GenX can't transfer clothing morphs, but DS4.5 Autofit will keep the morphs. In the meantime, you can use the Transfer Utility instead of Autofit to preserve morphs:

Cancel the AutoFit dialogue, if it appears (it appears only when the clothing is fitted to Genesis).

Select the clothing and convert it to weight-mapping (I think it's in the Edit menu now, but it's certainly in the Scene palette option menu - right click on the tab, then go to the Edit sub menu). Leave TriAx selected and click Accept.

Next launch the Transfer utility (again, I think it's in the Edit menu but it's also in the Scene pane's option menu, in the Asset sub menu). As Source seelct Genesis, and for the Shape select Clone and then the figure the clothes were made for in the pop-up dialogue. For Target pick the converted clothes. Click the button to show extended options and check Reverse source shape from target. Optionally pick a template, as you would using AutoFit. Click Accept.

That should give you converted clothes with the morphs intact.

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mike, I tried using Daz Studio 4.5 for a day, but it kept crashing on me. But I will definitely give your alternate procedure a try!

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Lee