Model's target

Hello,

I don't understand the models have all the same targets to control their shape, pose, etc, or if the available targets depend on the model I use. If they depend on the model, how can I know wich target feature is available with which model?
And when you create a new model, how do you define its target?

Thank you in advance for your answer:

Comments

• Morph assets are available on all instacnes of a given figure (it is possible to save a morph in the scene or in a character preset, without saving as an asset, and that will be avaailable only in the scenes in which the figure was loaded). The morphs of one figure do not apply to another.

I don't understand what you mean by defining a target - if it is a character for Genesis whichever then it is a character for Genesis whichever - character creation is not creating new figuers.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300

Hmm.. what is a 'target' ? A morph target? A character preset or sth. ?

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 297
    edited August 2023

Sorry, I called it "target" because it's called "target" on the MakeHuman software, so I thought it was the word on Daz too... I mean the buttons that control the shape of a model...

Post edited by yuyu.atem on
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 209
    edited September 2023

Richard gave the correct answer.  Genesis has a different mesh with a different vertex order than Gensis 3, which is different than Genesis 8, and so forth.  Therefore, the sliders (which are "morphs") will apply only to the Genesis version for which they are created.  A Genesis 3 slider will only work on a Genesis 3 character. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Ok, I understand, thank you very much!

So, when a new model is created, specific sliders are created too? How do they create?

• yuyu.atem said:

Ok, I understand, thank you very much!

So, when a new model is created, specific sliders are created too? How do they create?

Reshape the mesh in a modelling/sculpting applciation without chnaging the resolution or adding/removing parts, then use edit>Figure to launch one of the Morph Loaders (usually Pro) and import the new OBJ, using the same preset as the original OBJ export so thats cale/axes line up correctly, as a new morph, Using GoZ avoids the Export/Import dialogues. PAs making content for the store can bring in morphs that work on higher resolution versions of the model, for HD morphs, but that isn't available to the rest of us.

Thank you very much!