Trouble with dforce: exploding and no changes of simulation after changing the settings

Hi,

I've created a sports shorts for G8 male and now I am heavily struggling with dforce. First of all I very soon face the problem about exploding mesh for which I need to reduce "Bend Stiffness" and "Strech stiffness". This solves the problem of exploding. When I then start simulation the waist band is directly falling down and the whole shorts is hanging as if it was soaked with water. I had the same problem with a bathrobe I've created: running the simulation let it fall down as if the figure took a bath with the whole bathrobe on laugh I am not sure if higher values for Bend Stiffness and Stretch Stiffness would really change this behavior of the cloth during simulation?! And if so how can I avoid the exploding? There is no mesh intersecting with the cloth and reducing this value was the only solution I've found for this problem so far.

Additionally I've played with all the settings within the range which is possible without explosion but to be honest: I don't see any differences. There are many surface settings for simulation but whatever I do - to me the result always looks the same.

Unfortunately I cannot upload any images here in this forum...

Best,
Dissendior

Comments

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Good Morning!
    If you want to save a lot of time on setting up the simulation information for clothing I would suggest grabbing the dForce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets by EcVho there are tons of presets for different types of clothing (Pants, skirts, hoodies etc.) along with utilities to increase/decrease settings like Density, Stretch etc. I tend to use these as a starting point and then use the dforce surface adjuster to fine tune the draping to exactly what I need. The dForce Surface Adjuster is a small popup window that lets you adjust each dynmaic surface in the surfaces tab for the clothing (Stiffer / Silkier, Shrink / Expand and Stretch- / Stretch+). If you hit F3 and go down to the "dForce Simulation" section you will find the dForce Surface Adjuster (2nd from the bottom) right click on it and you can assign it a keybind for ease of use.
    Hope this helps! If not just holler!
    Elli