Help-how do I render this scene

Want to render this, from the bottom view perspective.   Im going in circles, I get a blank singe photo, or a black screen video=no matter what.  Between Daz crashing, or my power flickering on/off   Ive spent close to 60 hours on this.   nothing but the character and some pretty basic animation.  Im ready to slit my throat..Could some please help me to get the settings correct to render this...Or point me to other software that will read the saved file...Im in tears... :(   angry

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

We need way more info to be able to help. what scene are you trying to render? Computer specs? You probably have a floor or ground blocking the view from the bottom perspective camera. Go to the render settings tab and then environment, scroll down and turn draw ground off and the bottom camera can see your scene.. BTW there is no other software that will read DAZ files.

• heres a screen shot of the viewpoint I want to render...6 hours so far this morning...its got to be some stupid setting-but Im ready to slit my throat...it will render in every position except for the bottom view...

• If you are using the Bottom View and are using Iray is Draw ground off in the Environment settings (properties for the Environment Settings node or in the Editor tab of Render Settings pane, though you will not see it until you have rendered or previewed using Iray or Filament, or have explicitly added the node via Create menu)

• FSMCDesigns said:

We need way more info to be able to help. what scene are you trying to render? Computer specs? You probably have a floor or ground blocking the view from the bottom perspective camera. Go to the render settings tab and then environment, scroll down and turn draw ground off and the bottom camera can see your scene.. BTW there is no other software that will read DAZ files.

it is just the character  no props no nothing.  Just the character and animation...Environment tab is empty, just turned of the ground in render setting-was hopeful, but, nope...still nothing...tried screen shotting but they arent sticking either...Wait.....I LOVE YOU!!!!!   OMG  I knew it was just one setting....Thank you...And sorry I am brand new to 3d, so Im on the spectrum of ignorance!    Thank all of you!!!

• Thank you all-such a huge program, and its easy to get lost when you are dazed and confused to start.   Really appreciate the answers!   

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Glad that was it. Keep in mind you will probably have harder issues to deal with in the fjuture. Daz Studio can be frustrating at times, LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,994

Have you checked the Daz3D YouTube channel? There are tutorials there to help new users get started. Jay Versluis had a new multipart "Interactive" set there. Here's a link to part 1.

When looking around, watch out for very old internet tutorials that probably don't match the latest version and features of Daz Studio 4.21.