How can I rotate a object in 360º like a ventilator (clockwise and counterclockwise)

edited August 2023 in New Users

I'd like to use a primitive cone-shaped figure and put it to spin like clockwork. I need to learn how to do this clockwise and counterclockwise.

Post edited by gabriellesmoura2021 on

Comments

• If you hold down the Shift key and start making the cone shape in Hexagon, hopefully the point will be in the centre of the floor grid. Make sure the edges have enough tessellation lines so the cone will hold its shape in DS. Slap a UVmap on the cone and unfold it. Polish as desired with shading domains, name the materials the same as their shading domains, save the project file. Export out the .obj file. Close Hexagon. Open Hexagon and import in that .obj file. Remove any useless material names such as default which belongs to no shading domain. Export out the .obj file. Open D/S and import in that lovely cone. It must be loading to the "0" place on the floor at the size you want it. If it is not, make it so in D/S and then check the shading domains/materials. If that silly default reference is there, go to the geometry editor brush and the Tools Pane. On the Tools Pane on the Surfaces, right-click on the default name and remove it. Go back to the Pointer tool. Export out the fixed cone - using the Daz settings is fine. Delete it from the scene. Import in the fixed .obj - using the same setting as the export was. Whew. Looks beautiful, yes. Save it as a figure/prop. Hopefully it will rotate around in either direction using the 'Y' rotate.
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 209

Let's keep it simple.  If this is for an animation which it sounds like it is, then once you have your object in the scene where you want it to be, select the part you want to spin, go to the rotations under the Parameters tab, and use the Y Rotate slider to advance it in the direction you want, and correlate that with the timeline in your animation.  You can also use the Universal Tool to accomplish translations and rotations.  Start there and work through it.  I have no idea how complex or simple your idea is so ...

Causam3d.com: Easy to use, sophisticated assets for Daz Studio.