Question regarding rigging, imported clothing models, and dForce

airunairun Posts: 25
edited August 2023 in New Users

My goal:
I have a non-Daz cloak I've modified in Blender that I want to bring into Daz and apply it to a figure with dForce mods applied. I'm attaching an image for reference.

The problem:
The issue is that on the sleeves are bits of hanging cloth that I can't get to behave how I want them to.

Some of my failed results:
One version (of many experiments) I've tried is importing the two pieces of cloth as separate OBJs and parenting them to each sleeve (example B); however, after applying dForce to each and running the simulation, then they fall to the ground  as expected (but not the intent) (see example C)

I also tried importing the cloak with the cloth joined to the model as one OBJ file. However, after I run the Transfer Utility and then pose the figure, parts of the cloth stay pinned to their original positioning and become deformed (see example D). Interestingly though, if I then run the simulation, it course corrects and looks more or less what I was hoping to achieve (see example E).

So:
I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction of what I need to be researching to both learn for next time and fix this issue. I'm orbiting around topics such as rigging the clothing in Blender before using the Transfer Utility in Daz and also pinning the cloak to the wings using Rigid Nodes; however, before I go any further, I wanted to find out exactly what I should be searching for to pull this off.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/a6GaSnf

Post edited by airun on

Comments

• The Transfer Utility works by proximity - what part of the source figure the msh is closest to - so the sleeve behaviour is expected. You can edit the weight maps, giving the sleeves weight for the forearms only, using the Node Weightmap brush tool 9select the genral map in the tool settings pane, with the arm bones of the cloak selected). Geenrally the looser or more drapey something is the ahrder it is to rig.

• airunairun Posts: 25

Thank you, Richard! Weight Maps solved the issue! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.