Question

I'm excited to be part of this amazing platform as a new user! I'm a passionate 3D artist eager to learn and create alongside all of you talented individuals. I have a question about my laptop's specifications: RAM: 4 GB HDD Memory: 250 GB CPU Speed: 2.3 GHz Would this setup be able to run Daz 3D smoothly? I want to ensure a seamless creative experience without performance issues. Your valuable insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance for your help!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    edited August 2023

Unfortunately, probably not. Do you have a dedicated graphics card? laptops are usually not up to the task when it comes to rendering, especially complex scenes. You will need a really good nVidia graphics card to be able to render smoothly in iray with Vram and CUDA cores being the main components needed

You might be able to install and run Daz Studio, but the more you add to a scene, the more resources you will need to be able to render it.

It;s free to install and try it out for yourself

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Not to forget the RAM. 4GB's is not nearly enough, 32GB's is considered a minimum. Some can manage with 16GB's and using the Virtual Memory (on HDD) to compensate.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,103

Here is a helpful tip:  put your question or the topic of the thread in your title. That will get more responses than simply a generic "Question".

Happy Dazzing!

• 3WC said:

Here is a helpful tip:  put your question or the topic of the thread in your title. That will get more responses than simply a generic "Question".

Happy Dazzing!

But also in the body, Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums