QuickTime render issue

Does anyone know if Dax has fixings the QuickTime 32/64 bit renbering issue for Carrara 8.5.0.243?

Comments

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373

its not daz. its quictime they are probably discontinuing the application. probably best to render as image sequence and recompile

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Yeah, render to image sequence and compile using Quicktime.
  • I have quicktime pro but have never COMPILED an image sequence using it, could you give me a little bit more info on that. I also have After effects CS6

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited October 2015

In the QuickTime Pro File menu, it is Open Image Sequence ... 

In AfterEffects, Import Multiple Files.

Post edited by cdordoni on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

cdordoni is correct. Open Image Sequence under the File menu in Quicktime. If you use the export option in Quicktime to save the compiled image sequence, you will have access to all of your Quicktime codecs.

If you render an image sequence and you want an alpha channel, make sure the file format can handle an alpha channel. I like .png as it is a lossless compression and is smaller than a .tiff file. When you open the sequence in Quicktime, the alpha channel will be respected. Also, when you export your compiled image sequence, if has an alpha channel, use a codec that supports it, such as the Animation codec, etc.

This video uses multiple layers composited together and many were rendered as image sequences, compiled in QT and then composited in Final Cut Pro.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

As others have said, you can also use HitFilm 3 Express (now free for the Express) https://hitfilm.com/express ; Pro is worth it (get a Version of Mocha with it) Fusion (not sure if it builds sequence)  is now free as well.