LuxRender headaches...

bdproductionsbdproductions Posts: 45
edited October 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hello again,

I purchased the LuxRender a few months ago only to run into a few problems. I gave up trying to figure out the problem, but recently decided that I wanted to get the extra benefits of the LuxRender.While there are a few threads devoted to the matter, they did not resolve the issue. I have attached files that may provide additional info. For whatever reason, the LuxRender folder is accessible, but does not contain a file associated with .lxs. I have downloaded both the openCL and noOpenCL applications. Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

image-1.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 401K
image2.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 290K
Post edited by bdproductions on

Comments

• Wow, the folks over at LuxRender were even more crass and callous than the DAZ support team. The LuxRender folks point the finger at the developer and vice versa. Oh well, $30 dollars was a small price to pay as it helped me to decide to make the final move from Carrara to 3D Max when I bought the plugin in July. This same thing happened when I made a $250.00 investment into CityVue for VUE before CityVue was bought out. I got to use the CityVue plugin three times before the takeover, which is more times than I got to use the LuxRenderer/Luxus. Never again!!!

Thanks to those Carrarra users who gave me much needed info during those few times I used the DAZ forum! Arrivederci !!!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

First, Windows does not like user data being plopped into the Program Files folder...and that is where the Luxrender executable is.  The data files (the lxs file) will probably be in a folder in your user profile.  You need to look for it there.

Second, the Luxrender plugin for Carrara is developed by neither Daz or the Luxrender folks...so going to the Luxrender forums is going to get the response of 'go to the developer'...which is understandable, because they don't know anything about the plugin.

Third, ask questions...with as much info and background as possible.  You probably have to minimally configure the plugin, inside Carrara...

• Weird,

For me, it's working like a charm.

Mjc1016 is right on both subjects. The luxrender team is responsible only when the render has started. Before that, the responsibility is with the developper of the interface. The .LXS file should be in \My document\luxus directory.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168

A clear case of user error but he of course blames everyone else.