Importing UDIM textures in DazStudio

I have a female armor who consists of like 30 pieces, I wanted to import everything seperatly, all my textures are on that one UDIM set.
Now how can I make import for example my 10 Diffuse color maps in one material ? And use that material for all assets of the armor. Or it doesn't work that way ? I saw Genesis has some sort of templates, any approach on that ?

Comments

• A single surface cannot use more than one map for any given property. If you mean you have multiple pieces and want a single preset to apply to them all, if they are parented to the wearer then you can use a Hierarchical Materials preset (from File>Save As).

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,417
    edited July 2023

In Blender, for example, you can use UDIM setup when assigning a texture image, which allows for a single material to be applied to a model segmented across many UDIMs.

Unfortunately, in Daz Studio, you cant do this. Look at the Genesis 9 figure, this is a model with UDIM tiles 1001,1002,1003,1004 etc but it needs as many different surfaces/material zones as it has UDIM tiles because Daz Studio doesnt support UDIM setup for Surfaces.

Post edited by lilweep on