Skelton model fitting

Hi all,

unexperienced user here, I am trying to fit a skeleton to a Gen8 model. Skeleton model opens with these orange guides that I guess are supposed to help with the fitting of the skeleton to the model. Thing is, I don't know how to remove them and they show up on render.

Can anyone tell me how to remove them or if I did something wrong earlier on? Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• The helpers are for posing - otherwise the skeleton has separate bones for each part, which would be very tricky to pose. You are presumably AutoFitting the skeleton, for an older figure, to Genesis 8 - that replaces the existing bones assignments with projections of the Genesis 8 bones, and so the helpers are no longer separately posable and hideable. You can hide them (but not stop them from being sent to the renderer) via the Surfaces pane, sicne they will still have their own surface groups, or you could use the Joint editor tool to create a new bone (anywheer in the hierarchy, it isn't actually going to do anything) for each helper, then in the Tool Settings pane click the Selection Group button at top-right and choose the group for one of the hlpers; hiding the new bone will then completely hide the helper.