How to change the position of the camera so that the hdri light does not change

mrseevmrseev Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm creating an animation where the camera moves from top to bottom. Unfortunately, moving the camera will also move the light from HDRI, which leads to an unnatural change of light somewhere in the middle of the animation. How can it be solved?

Comments

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited June 2023

Hmm... Unless I'm missing something, in my experience moving a camera shouldn't move the HDRI... Is it possible the light that appears to be moving with the camera is it's Headlamp?

Every Camera you create may have this Headlamp ON by default. You can find the control for any particular Camera's in Parameters Tab, though more likely you want to look in the Render Settings Tab, select General, scroll to the bottom of the parameters to the right and look for Auto Headlamp. It may be set to "When No Scene Lights". If it is, change it to "Never".

If you've been setting up your scenes without knowing this was turned on in cases where there aren't any other Scene Lights (Spot, Point, Distant, etc), you're getting a more than likely unnatural light source from the camera's point of view at all times. It's better to leave this function turned off, even in instances where you do want light to come from that direction, and just place normal light sources where needed, if desired. This is the best way to lean toward all lighting in your renders looking realistic and coming from exactly where you want them to with much more control.

If it turns out that this isn't your particular problem here, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe any more info if possible could help. :)

Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

I would also agree that it is the headlamp that is moving with the camera,  not the HDRI.  Select camera and set headlamp from AUTO to OFF.

Please note that your scene may now appear darker than before.  You may have to add some actaul scene lights to compensate depending on the look you are trying to achieve.