Best way to have an idea made?

I don't want anything right now but for future use I would just like to know the best way of going about having an idea made and if that would be diffrent when considering buying props, figures, textures etc.

I have seen that there is a Product Suggestions on the Forums though it looks like you can't commision anyone and will just buy the end product from the Store if someone decides to make it. I also saw that their were several people makeing assets on Fiverr. Are these the best places to go when the time comes or do you think there are better options?

Comments

• Make sure you see examples of their work first, and don't expect to get a full model of anything for a fiver - prices, if theya re genuinely doing the work, are likely to be a lot higher than that.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,417

i got a good quality model custom made from a fiverr type site.  there wasnt any of its kind on any big 3d sites and it was difficult to kitbash.  I listed the job for $50 usd on the cgtrader job listing thing.  was just a prop i could export to daz. i textured it myself, but i put that in the job description i was able and willing to do so.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270

Given the number of products already available, searching through the store, and/or asking for help to compile a list of products for an idea in the Commons is a good idea [before spending hundreds or thousands for the same stuff].

There is also the freebie thread where one can make requests: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/296176/general-freebie-requests-part-3#latest  for available freebies.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,103

Learn how to use blender or another cheap/free 3d modelling package, and make it yourself. ;)