Alessandro_AM has led me Austra liana

Alessandro_AM has some aussie stuff... and so I have made my first purchases here at Daz for the year yes

Gurumarra is on walkabout with gangurru in search of the burrimul (emu) but can't find one...

willie wagtail comes along with a message........................ while Kooelwong looks around from above

Rendered in Carrara 8.5 with some tweaks to fix textures

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,046

Very very nice!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

nice work Stezza, i reckon they are targeting us recalcitrant aussies to lure as to the dark side

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,431

Stezza

I went walkabout in the DAZ shop and purchased some Australiana myself.

Question, how did you set up the skydome to have a natural light setting, mine came in dark, I used a bulb for lighting up the scene with, but don't have any shadows as a result, also the base terrain and the photo image on the skydome did not match up..

Regards, Bunyip

Australiana lighting.png
    1361 x 772 - 1M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,010

Hi bunyip, I didn't use the skydome just loaded up the image into the background.. and loaded items individually

work needs to be done on the bumpmaps and still working my way thru the stuff as some items seem to be missing via the DiM download... thanks Wendy ;-)

I thinks some of the poser stuff has gone walkabout and was missed by DAZ QA Team... they must of been drunk after watching the Cowboys winning the Grand Final

outback setup.jpg
    1510 x 936 - 344K
    Stezza said:

Hi bunyip, I didn't use the skydome just loaded up the image into the background.. and loaded items individually

work needs to be done on the bumpmaps and still working my way thru the stuff as some items seem to be missing via the DiM download... thanks Wendy ;-)

I thinks some of the poser stuff has gone walkabout and was missed by DAZ QA Team... they must of been drunk after watching the Cowboys winning the Grand Final

Stezza, Thanks for showing your setup, much appreciated. I used the DAZ DUF file setup, trying to get sunset shadows across the terrain. I think I might have a solution by rotating the bulb to the direction of the sun in the image. The edge of the terrain will need some plants replicated along the "join" line to hide the line effect.

The Grand Final was a good one, I suspect quite a few people needed a drink afterwards.

Regards, Bunyip

Australiana lighting2.png
    1359 x 762 - 1M

Final Sunset render

Australiana Sunset_Topaz.jpg
    1389 x 1042 - 2M
    1389 x 1042 - 2M
    1389 x 1042 - 2M
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Thought of you guys when I saw all these Oz items on sale - now Stezza has no excuse for not doing the long-awated uluru render :)

Cheers!

• EyosEyos Posts: 114

Looks wondeful, a joy to watch!

Stezza said:

Alessandro_AM has some aussie stuff... and so I have made my first purchases here at Daz for the year yes

Gurumarra is on walkabout with gangurru in search of the burrimul (emu) but can't find one...

willie wagtail comes along with a message........................ while Kooelwong looks around from above

edited October 2015
    Roygee said:

Thought of you guys when I saw all these Oz items on sale - now Stezza has no excuse for not doing the long-awated uluru render :)

Cheers!

been working on that one for a while now... just can't get it to look half decent... :-(

Looks good bunyip... maybe the bump is a bit high for me.. also the gum trees when opened in Carrara seem to be a bit small, around 6 metres which isn't right so I enlarged mine to around 15 - 20 metres tall which is still small but betterer IMO ;-)

Thanks eyos... smiley

Didgeridoo.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Wow, those are nice renders!

edited October 2015
    Roygee said:

Cheers!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Ta :)

That really captures the harsh beauty of the ouback.

A friend of mine is returning Monday from a trip to Oz.  She visited Uluru and promised me some pics - will see what I can come up with.

• Stezza said:

Love it and the perspective of the camera angle.   Makes my imagination morph into reality when I look it.  Excellent render.