Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4

Comments

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,133

derezz119 said:

Getting a Kristen Wiig vibe maybe?

https://www.renderhub.com/al5929/kristen-star-for-genesis-9

It's Kristen Stewart.

• Strobe_LightStrobe_Light Posts: 264

Does anybody know of an emily perkins look a-like figure? When she was younger. But she doesn't look that different now anyways.

• magikhsmagikhs Posts: 250
    edited July 2023

derezz119 said:

Getting a Kristen Wiig vibe maybe?

https://www.renderhub.com/al5929/kristen-star-for-genesis-9

Same here. :) 

Post edited by magikhs on
  • deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 312

I'll take it upon myself to fill the ROMFX blanks (not including the already obviously named ones):

Aelis: Vampirella
    Andromeda: original? based on Greek mythology
    Anime Girl Style 1: original?
    Anri: original?
    Artemis: original? based on Greek mythology
    Athena: original? based on Greek mythology
    Badass Nun Figure: original? inspired by nunsploitation films
    Becky: B Woolett from Resident Evil
    Bombom: original?
    Christie: from DOA
    Dandara: original?
    Daphne: original?
    Elliana: Ellie from TLoU
    Evil Lyn: from Masters of the Universe
    Flavia: possibly Rogue from X-Men, given the green & yellow promo costume
    Helie: original?
    Hinata: from Naruto/Boruto
    Honoka: from DOA
    Iroha: original?
    Kassandra: from Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Khaly: Symmetra from Overwatch, going by promos
    Kyana: original?
    Laura: Matsuda from Street Fighter
    Lauren: Dafne Keen/X-23 from Logan
    Lisa: from DOA
    Mai: Shiranui from KOF
    Mayara: original?
    MInerva: original?
    Miyako: original?
    Nagai: original? possible nod to mangaka Go Nagai
    Nyotengu: from DOA5
    Okiku: original? based on Japanese mythology
    Pennelope: original? based on Greek mythology
    Pinhead: from the Hellraiser movies
    Poison: from Street Fighter
    Rachel: from Ninja Gaiden/DOA6
    Racquel: original?
    Rosa Maria: Rosemary Winters from Resident Evil
    Rose: Marie Rose from DOA
    Sachiko: original?
    Saeko: from Yakuza: Like a Dragon
    Sakura: from Street Fighter
    Shonnja: Red Sonja
    Smeagol: self-explanatory
    Sthella: Scarlet from FF7
    Suyen original? based on Chinese/Mongolian mythology
    Thamiris: possibly original, but one of the promos features Scarlet Witch costume
    Tomoe: original?
    Valkyrie: possibly original, but noticeably mature
    Wrestling Girl: R.Mika from Street Fighter

• LossowLossow Posts: 102

HID Elena looks familiar https://www.daz3d.com/hid-elena-for-genesis-9

Any ideas who she is based on?

Lossow said:

I think it could be Felicity Jones... height is a match too, but I'm not totally sure. In that first promo shot, she's giving me Ashley Greene (from Twilight), not so much in the other pictures, plus the height is different.

• Was Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie likeness ever made for Daz?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,940
    edited July 2023

deepred6502 said:

I'll take it upon myself to fill the ROMFX blanks (not including the already obviously named ones):

On the basis that most of ROMFX's output is game characters and OC's I didn't include them in the list of celebrities. Appreciate the list even so :)

I have added Dafne Keen though, so many thanks for that one, it wasn't on the list I got from source.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited July 2023

PixelSploiting said:

Was Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie likeness ever made for Daz?

I don't know of a Ryan Reynolds but there are a few Margot Robbie characters that spring to mind.

Celebrity Series 024 by Most Digital Creations

Maggie by HID3D (Renderosity)

Margoth by ROMFX at RenderHub

Marg by Devandvan

Another possible is Harper HD for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D

I'm sure others may add to these :) 

Chloe Star by al5929 - Chloë Grace Moretz

edited July 2023

NandoSD58 said:

ORPHAN CHARACTERS (G8) not on the Masterlists. From Part 2 of this thread set, pages 51-100.

Again, thanks for all the hard work on these lists. The new ones are now linked from the main index.

I did have a partially completed Shinteo list and your post prompted me to dust it off. I didn't post it originally as the celebrities were locked behind the Patreon paywall but that has since changed. Now a new list on the front page :)

• NandoSD58NandoSD58 Posts: 42

Haruchai said:

NandoSD58 said:

ORPHAN CHARACTERS (G8) not on the Masterlists. From Part 2 of this thread set, pages 51-100.

Again, thanks for all the hard work on these lists. The new ones are now linked from the main index.

I did have a partially completed Shinteo list and your post prompted me to dust it off. I didn't post it originally as the celebrities were locked behind the Patreon paywall but that has since changed. Now a new list on the front page :)

You are all welcome. Do with them as you like. I expect some of the characters/look-a-likes will move to a specific masterlist of their own, like Shinteo's excellent work. I only listed look-a-likes I could find a link to which are available to anyone (free or for sale). I did not list private ones (not available to the public).

In Part 3 there is more active involvement by posters discussing yes / nope / close-enough with look-a-likes. Close-enough seems perfectly fine to a lot of people, but there are some who hope for a perfect match. People who want perfect mathes should be aware of the legal issues surrounding being to close to reality ... not that there is such a thing as reality in the acting world, but branding is a very real thing for celebrities.

I am not sure what a good format for posting these "orphans is", but I have read enough comments to note that people want to have some idea who the celebrity look-a-like is (what they are known for), and where they can find a mentiioned product. To help others along I will keep listing full product names becasuse that makes them easier for others to find them in the stores without having to provide a hard link. I will also including a few reference photos which might help others decide to take them or leave them. 

edited July 2023

Here are a side-by-side comparisons of a celebrity between roles, and ready to start a new film. Can you guess who this is? Parks and Recreation, Season 1 versus Star-Lord.

https://theawesomedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/19-actors-who-went-through-insane-physical-transformations-for-a-role-604462.jpg

Post edited by NandoSD58 on
  • Fatal Stranger HD for Genesis 8 Female by AlFan in my opinion is Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction

edited July 2023

NandoSD58 said:

I am not sure what a good format for posting these "orphans is", but I have read enough comments to note that people want to have some idea who the celebrity look-a-like is (what they are known for), and where they can find a mentiioned product. To help others along I will keep listing full product names becasuse that makes them easier for others to find them in the stores without having to provide a hard link. I will also including a few reference photos which might help others decide to take them or leave them. 

I wish you all the best in compiling that. nDelphi and Pixelsizzle took the web page route, which is a very good way to include images and enough text to go with it. I did a spreadsheet for Mousso in the part 3 thread and trying to accommodate all the various people who were suggested for each character is why I kept my lists, and stance on compiling them, as they are. Having up to 4 different people suggested per character and all being correct, was way too chaotic, and time consuming, for me.

If you can find a way to pull that off in a coherent way that would be great. Maybe some kind of spreadsheet/database, on a Google drive for example, so it can be linked to from the main index? Trying to list each character from part 3 with images and the relevant text is more than a mere list can accomplish, I think.

edited July 2023

NandoSD58 said:

I expect some of the characters/look-a-likes will move to a specific masterlist of their own, like Shinteo's excellent work.

Shinteo is done, again just the celebrities not the 100s of game characters :) 

Haruchai said:

NandoSD58 said:

I wish you all the best in compiling that. nDelphi and Pixelsizzle took the web page route, which is a very good way to include images and enough text to go with it. I did a spreadsheet for Mousso in the part 3 thread and trying to accommodate all the various people who were suggested for each character is why I kept my lists, and stance on compiling them, as they are. Having up to 4 different people suggested per character and all being correct, was way too chaotic, and time consuming, for me.

If you can find a way to pull that off in a coherent way that would be great. Maybe some kind of spreadsheet/database, on a Google drive for example, so it can be linked to from the main index? Trying to list each character from part 3 with images and the relevant text is more than a mere list can accomplish, I think.

Okay, I will stop posting what I find becasue there is too much. You are updating to add content from Part 3 so here is no reason for a parallel effort. Like you, I will my list it in a spreadsheet – which I was already doing anyway – but limiting it to characters I find interesting. Photo links are a good idea becasue it ties a look-a-like to a certain film or age range. The best comment I read on these forums was, "you can dial in anything you want in Daz Studio,"  well said … make a character into what you want it to be. 

edited July 2023

Haruchai said:

NandoSD58 said:

I expect some of the characters/look-a-likes will move to a specific masterlist of their own, like Shinteo's excellent work.

Shinteo is done, again just the celebrities not the 100s of game characters :) 

Excellent work by that artist. Their work is limited access to Patreons for 30 days before being release for free to anyone, unless there is some special arrangement made to keep the work private. 

There seem to be content thieves listed in several older posts as "creators" who posted the real artist's work as thier own in some of the stores. That could explain why certain look-a-likes and the "artist" have completely disappeared. Shinteo was noted as a artist who successfully had a fake artist removed from a content store.

Post edited by NandoSD58 on
    edited July 2023

freedomfighter8103 said:

Fatal Stranger HD for Genesis 8 Female by AlFan in my opinion is Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction

I don't think it's Glenn Close... though "Fatal Attraction" (movie and/or series with Lizzy Caplan also possibly) might have been an inspiration. :)

Post edited by magikhs on

magikhs said:

freedomfighter8103 said:

Fatal Stranger HD for Genesis 8 Female by AlFan in my opinion is Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction

I don't think it's Glenn Close... though "Fatal Attraction" (movie and/or series with Lizzy Caplan also possibly) might have been an inspiration. :)

Other guesses for Fatal Stranger I ran across in older posts were, Angelina Jolie, Alexandra Daddario and Amanda Mealing. That seems to be one of those characters that could be tweaked to look like several people. 

• DeeceyDeecey Posts: 129

Lossow said:

She's giving me young Lisa Marie Presley or her daughter Riley Keough vibes.  But more like young LIsa.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,133

freedomfighter8103 said:

Believe you're right - that one's been bugging me for years! 

edited July 2023

Deecey said:

Lossow said:

She's giving me young Lisa Marie Presley or her daughter Riley Keough vibes.  But more like young LIsa.

On second thought, maybe she IS more Riley than Lisa ....she does have those Presley eyes that seem to run in the family.

https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a13794297/riley-keough-women-in-hollywood-november-2017/

Post edited by Deecey on

^ Riley Keough is like, 5'7. Lisa Marie +- 5'2 and a half.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,151

RayDAnt said:

freedomfighter8103 said:

Believe you're right - that one's been bugging me for years! 

She always looked like Minnie Driver to me. 

edited August 2023

totocandy has released Praprika at RenderHub - Priyanka Chopra-Jonas

magikhs said:

^ Riley Keough is like, 5'7. Lisa Marie +- 5'2 and a half.

Oh yeah, you're right. I didn't notice the height for the character. So yeah, Lisa Marie 8-)

Haruchai said:

totocandy has released Paprika at RenderHub - Priyanka Chopra-Jonas

Very nice!

Piper Haliwell (Charmed) by A1bertos at RenderHub - Holly Marie Combs

al5929 has released Emma Star at RenderHub - Emma Watson