Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4

Comments

• Beyond_DreamsBeyond_Dreams Posts: 50
    edited October 2023

Stephen said:

HDP Wendy - Ever Anderson (Peter Pan & Wendy)

Thanks for the update. Had wondered why HDP put Alice and Wendy (Milla and Ever) in a bundle together. Now I know her name, it seems Ever is actually Milla's real life daughter. Who knew ? laugh

Post edited by Beyond_Dreams on
  • StephenStephen Posts: 314

Beyond_Dreams said:

Stephen said:

Thanks for the update. Had wondered why HDP put Alice and Wendy (Milla and Ever) in a bundle together. Now I know her name, it seems Ever is actually Milla's real life daughter. Who knew ? laugh

HDP Clara - Joey King?

HDP Regan - Taylor Hickson?

HDP Reggie - Thomasin McKenzie?

joey-king.jpg
    1394 x 916 - 171K
    taylor-hickson.jpg
    1416 x 919 - 164K
    thomasin-mckenzie.jpg
    1429 x 912 - 174K
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited October 2023

Beyond_Dreams said:

Stephen said:

Everever Land? wink

Post edited by WandW on

WandW said:

Beyond_Dreams said:

Stephen said:

Everever Land? wink

• chrislbchrislb Posts: 97
    edited October 2023

I'm still tyring to figure out who KrashWerks JAMIE is.  She looks familiar.

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/161956/krashwerks-jamie-for-genesis-8-female

Different face recognition apps are tellign me Dove Cameron, Amanda Seyfried, or Jordyn Jones.  It might be Dove Cameron.

Post edited by chrislb on
  • SonayMonaySonayMonay Posts: 12
    edited October 2023

chrislb said:

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/161956/krashwerks-jamie-for-genesis-8-female

Different face recognition apps are tellign me Dove Cameron, Amanda Seyfried, or Jordyn Jones.  It might be Dove Cameron.

I'm thought this is Angelina (AngelPoli) Polikarpova...... but it's not :/

Post edited by SonayMonay on

SonayMonay said:

chrislb said:

I'm thought this is Angelina (AngelPoli) Polikarpova...... but it's not :/

KrashWerks' offerings are what finally nudged me to embrace DAZ Generation 8 content -- One of her characters had an uncanny resemblence to a non-celebrity woman that I was/am attracted -- Out of the box, KrashWerks, characters tend to be over-stylized for my taste -- Fortunately, it is trivial to decrease the stylization for a given character, using the provided morph thumb dials heart

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,438

I can't get over how much GN Zhen HD for Genesis 9 looks like Donny Yeng from IP Man and John Wick and a bunch of other movies

• Faeryl Womyn said:

I can't get over how much GN Zhen HD for Genesis 9 looks like Donny Yeng from IP Man and John Wick and a bunch of other movies

There's a near identical G8.1 version, if you prefer working with that generation. 

• alamo4alamo4 Posts: 47

Redmagnet on Renderhub has some characters from the Ahsoka series, but they have natural skins included as well, so you can get a Rosario Dawson character and and a Mary Elizabeth Winstead character (Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim).

ahsoka-for-g8-1f-and-g9-03.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 120K
    ahsoka-for-g8-1f-and-g9-05.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 103K
    hera-for-g81f-and-g9-03.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 169K
  • alamo4alamo4 Posts: 47

Similarly, Redmagnet has a combined Gamora and Zoe Saldana character, along with many more celebrities.

gamora-for-genesis-8-1-female-and-genesis-9-05.jpg
    1440 x 1800 - 86K
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,897
    edited October 2023

alamo4 said:

Similarly, Redmagnet has a combined Gamora and Zoe Saldana character, along with many more celebrities.

See - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8223166/#Comment_8223166

smiley

Post edited by Haruchai on

Haruchai said:

alamo4 said:

See - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8223166/#Comment_8223166

smiley

Redmagnet's Barbie character is a doll laugh

• NandoSD58 said:

Haruchai said:

NandoSD58 said:

Haruchai said:

totocandy has just released Queen M - Amber Heard

@Haruchai — Thanks for the great work. 

There are many artist with just a few look-a-like characters, but they do not make on the the masterlist. Could you considering having a Miscellaneous list for artists like totocandy. Once an artist has enough look-a-likes they could get their own sublist.

Appreciate what you are asking but there are only so many spare hours in the day :) Let me see how many crop up and how regularly.

totocandy is one that I've internally debated for a while, given the output on the DeviantArt site, but it is a convoluted process to aquire them from what I can see. As the amount that is available at RenderHub increases they are probably next in line for a list.

Also note that I initially said Queen M was free but that appears to have been a store glitch (in your quoted message but now corrected in my post).

This is a thread set I have been following for less than a month. I have gone/scanned through all 300+ comments in the last few weeks. I have been making my own list of look-a-likes, and have a rough draft list, which I will add information to. I'll be able tp sort the list by artist, character name, look-a-like name, availablity (easy to find and still exists, and is not hidden or limited access like Patreon and some Deviantart). Any interest in this?

You might not have noticed, but totocandy now has a Gumroad store also. There is a larger collection of his work available there. I'd say it's worth looking into for a potential list.

Dareshiranu said:

You might not have noticed, but totocandy now has a Gumroad store also. There is a larger collection of his work available there. I'd say it's worth looking into for a potential list.

Thank you for the information, appreciated. totocandy already has a page 1 list, based on the RenderHub  content. I will look at the Gumroad page and update accordingly.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 247

Some interesting Characters on Totocandys Gumroad page. But prices from USD 40 up to USD 125.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,438

butterflyfish said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

There's a near identical G8.1 version, if you prefer working with that generation. 

Same artist so that makes sense in how much they look alike. 

• drevntdrevnt Posts: 9

Jaime Pressly?

chrislb said:

• Joe2018 said:

Some interesting Characters on Totocandys Gumroad page. But prices from USD 40 up to USD 125.

I simply don't understand the pricing. Over at RenderHub Totocandy offers serveral celebrity characters (bought some). I've been told that RenderHub charges the PA quite heavily but the characters there are IMHO reasonable priced (at around $20 each). Most of them are currently even on sale for around $15. Whereas on the Gumroad page the characters I would like to get are $100 each. Too expensive for hobbyists IMO.

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Joe2018 said:

I simply don't understand the pricing. Over at RenderHub Totocandy offers serveral celebrity characters (bought some). I've been told that RenderHub charges the PA quite heavily but the characters there are IMHO reasonable priced (at around $20 each). Most of them are currently even on sale for around $15. Whereas on the Gumroad page the characters I would like to get are $100 each. Too expensive for hobbyists IMO.

Several years ago, I obligated over $800 dollars to guarantee that FoRender would implement AVIN for G2F -- I am currently retired and living on a fixed income and would be unlikely to pay a fraction of that for any character -- It's all about demand and supply

• franky85franky85 Posts: 119

Totocandys's gumroad prices are in-line with his sell-over-a-PM prices at deviantart that have been going on forever.. only RH is exceptionnally cheap for their work - probably looking at the economy of scale. Ironically having them cheaper will increase piracy.

• According to totocandy's deviantart page, the reason the gumroad prices are higher is because those were all direct commissions. He would resell them on deviantart through dm's at the same price as they were commissioned at in order to be fair to the person that commissioned the model. His gumroad store is just an easier way to sell the commissioned models instead of arranging it through dm's.
  • rschulterschulte Posts: 485
    edited November 2023
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • Joe2018 said:

Undeniable, but as mentioned previously, custom figures can cost several hundred dollars. Totocandy on his DA page does take commissions for essentially the price he sells his stuff at and the price often depends upon the number of custom expressions or suchlike that are included I'm pretty sure. It's truly a far cry from the $700 to single-handedly fill a pledge or whatever they call it on Forender, and I'd say his work is top-notch. Only my observations and opinion of course.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 247

I know because I have a custom figure from Totocandy. But I think overall he would make more profit, when he sells for a lower price at another site.

edited November 2023

Billy by marigold at RenderHub - Billie Eilish (Genesis 8 Version)

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Haruchai said:

Billy by marigold at RenderHub - Billie Eilish (Genesis 8 Version)

Interesting. But the chin is a little too pronounced.